I’m a huge fan of pizza. I think my love for it comes from my mom’s side of the family. There’s no better hang over cure than pizza (especially if you combine it with Creme Soda).
I’ve always been a fan of Debonairs Pizza in South Africa because they have a reputation for quality food and good service. It’s amazing what this company has accomplished in the last 21 years.
Debonairs Pizza has been selected as the 10 Facts topic today on Running Wolf’s Rant. I trust that you’ll these interesting:
- Debonairs Pizza has its origins in Pietermaritzburg in Kwazulu Natal. The company was founded in 1991.
- The company sold 6 pizzas out of a bakery in their first day of trading.
- In 1996 the Steers group of companies acquired Debonairs Pizza.
- Debonairs Pizza was the first pizza brand in Africa to offer online & mobile ordering.
- This pizza chain was also the first in South Africa to offer free delivery.
- Debonairs Pizza was also the first pizza chain to offer a hot or not quality promise.
- They were also the first pizza brand in the country to offer pepperdews as a pizza topping.
- Debonairs Pizza Springsgate Drive Thru branch is the first pizza Drive Thru in Africa.
- Besides South Africa, the company has outlets in Botswana, the Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, the United Arab Emirates and Zambia.
- The company will be opening it’s 400th South African store at Montecasino in Johannesburg on the 4th of December 2012.
There you go, 10 interesting facts about Debonairs Pizza. I trust that you find this information useful. If you do, feel free to share this post with you friends on Facebook and Twitter, it’s the right thing to do.
For more info, check out the official Debonairs Pizza website, follow them via @DebonairsPizza on Twitter or check out the Debonairs Facebook page.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Facts category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
The following two tabs change content below.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf's Rant and co-founder of SA Music Zone