10 Facts: The Inspector Cluzo
If you went to Oppikoppi Odyssey this year and you missed The Inspector Cluzo, you missed out on an orgy of no-nonsense, in-your-face rock ‘n roll. These okes played in South Africa for a second time and completely blew away everyone who saw their set on the Bruilof stage this year.
Because I’ve seen these blokes live twice and I was really impressed with what I saw and heard, I’ve decided to chose them as the next topic in the 10 Facts section on Running Wolf’s Rant, so here goes:
- The Inspector Cluzo were formed in 2008 in Mont-de-Marsan, France.
- The band’s two members are Laurent Lacrouts (Malcolm) and Matthew Jordan (Phil).
- To date The Inspector Cluzo have released three studio albums: The Inspector Cluzo (2008), The French Bastards (2010), The Two Musketeers (2012) and Gasconcha Rocks (2013).
- The Inspector Cluzo have gained a reputation for their explosive and energetic live shows. They play shows without featuring any additional pre-recorded or electronic components for songs.
- The band ardently defend their independence by doing everything themselves. They manage their own label (Fuckthebassplayer records), do their own bookings, manage themselves and record / edit their own music.
- Their music can be defined as a mix of rock and funk (which might suggest a meeting between Rage Against the Machine, the Jackson 5, AC/DC and Curtis Mayfield.
- You can actually buy an Inspector Cluzo t-shirts that read “Fuck The Bass Player” and “Fuck Michael Jackson” (pity I didn’t buy one at Oppikoppi this year).
- Between 2008 and 2013 the Inspector Cluzo played 600 shows in more than 35 countries.
- Besides Oppikoppi, Inspector Cluzo also played at RAMFest 2013 Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- The Inspector Cluzo’s last album was recorded in full analog on their old MCI mixing desk on their farm in France.
Well, there you have it, 10 facts about The Inspector Cluzo some of you might not have known.
This is a video that the band published, featuring scenes from their set at Oppikoppi Odyssey this year:
If you’ve enjoyed reading this post about one of France’s most exciting rock acts, feel free to share this post with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Remember: Sharing is Caring.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music and Facts category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Jack Parow & Jitsvinger stel “Dis Bef*k” Remix vry - December 1, 2016
- Win a Pixies, The Temper Trap etc. CD Hamper! - November 30, 2016
- Francois Van Coke gee ‘n huldeblyk aan Fokofpolisiekar - November 30, 2016