10 Facts: Korn
And it’s another day of Rocktober 2011. Today’s featured band on Tuks FM are American Rockers Korn. I remember being introduced to Korn by my brother and friends of mine that I used to stay with in a youth hostel in the dodgy Pretoria suburb of Sunnyside (in Pretoria) back in the late 1990s. Korn’s music started growing on me when I started listening to their 1997 album Follow the Leader and their 1999 album Issues. Songs like Freak on a Leash, Falling Away From Me, Got The Life and Make Me Bad crawled into my head without any resistance at all. At one time they were probably one of the loudest bands that I’ve listened to, but have gone a bit “soft” in recent years (in my humble opinion).
Here are 10 Facts about Korn:
- Korn were formed in 1993 in Bakersfield, California in the United States.
- Korn’s current band line up includes Jonathan Davis, James “Munky” Shaffer, Reginald “Fieldy” Arvizu, and Ray Luzier.
- Former members of the band include Brian Welch and David Silveria.
- To date Korn have sold more than 16 million albums in the US and over 60 million worldwide.
- Korn have released six video albums and 36 music videos. They have released have 38 singles and 26 of them have made their way onto the charts.
- Korn have been nominated for 7 Grammy Awards and have won 2 awards for their songs Freak on a leash and Here to Stay.
- According to Fieldy, Korn’s 2002 Album Untouchables cost $40 million to produce. Most of the money was supposedly spent on accommodation, not on recording the album.
- The Ferrari in Korn’s music video for Got The Life was a fake one. The car had no engine in it.
- According to Munk Korn spent over $27,000 on alcohol whilst recording their 1997 Follow The Leader album.
There you have it, 10 facts about Korn. If you have something that you could add to this post, please comment. Feedback is appreciated and welcome.
For those of you who don’t know what this band sounds like, check out the music video for Make Me Bad (which features Brigitte Nielsen, Tatjana Patitz, Shannyn Sossamon and Udo Kier):
Also feel free to check out the regularly updated Music and Facts categories on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Brace yourselves for LILO 2017 - January 18, 2017
- A quick chat with Gunshot Blue - January 17, 2017
- Win tickets to the February 2017 edition of Park Acoustics - January 16, 2017