10 Facts: Shadowclub
Great news for SA Music fans, the organizers of Oppikoppi 2012 Sweet Thing (which kicks off on the 9th of August), Hilltop Live, have started announcing bands for SA’s premier music festival yesterday via the Oppikoppi Festival Facebook page and @oppikoppifest on Twitter.
I’ve decided to embark on a blogging journey with these announcements. I will be doing posts in the 10 Facts category on Running Wolf’s Rant about as many of the bands that are announced by the organizers, regularly, so watch this space.
The first band that was announced for Oppikoppi 2012 Sweet Thing yesterday was Shadowclub – here are 10 facts about the band:
- Shadowclub hail from Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
- The members of Shadowclub are Isaac Klawansky, Jacques Moolman and Louis Roux.
- Shadowclub’s genre of music can be described as Blues / Rock ‘n Roll. Pretty old school if you ask me – there are not many bands like this around nowadays.
- The band planned to record their debut album in just 12 days, but completed it in 9 (and that says a lot about their attitude to music).
- Their self-titled debut album, Shadowclub, was released in mid 2011.
- The band opened for Kings of Leon in 2011 at both their shows (in Cape Town and Johannesburg).
- Shadowclub have played all around South Africa at festivals like Up The Creek and RAMFest and frequently play at venues in Pretoria, Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- Shadowclub deservingly won the 2012 SAMA for Best Rock Album last week. They were also nominated for the 2012 MK Awards earlier this year.
- You can check out the Shadowclub Facebook fan page at this link.
- You can follow Shadowclub on Twitter via @shadowclub.
This is the music video for their hit single “Guns ‘n Money”:
Are you feeling amped for Oppikoppi 2012 Sweet Thing? I surely am. I’m pretty sure that Shadowclub will blow the crowds away at this year’s festival. What do you think? Drop me a comment on this post and let me know what you think.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Facts and Music categories on Running Wolf’s Rant.