10 Things You Did Not Know About Stoker
Cape Town based rock band Stoker has been making waves in the SA Music Scene over the last few years, but what do you really know about them? Today we’re telling you 10 Things You Did Not Know About Stoker.
1. Stoker is made up of 2 sets of brothers.
2. Morgan O’Kennedy, Chris and Borrie/Jurgen/”Jurgie” Bornman all attended Drostdy Technical High School in Worcester without knowing it.
3. Chris and Redge both had managerial positions at The Shack in Cape Town.
4. Stoker was originally 3-piece with Joe Theron from Woodstock Mafia fame on the drums before Morgan joined.
5. Stoker’s first EP was recorded/engineered by George van der Spuy from Taxi Violence.
6. The Stranger Throne music video was shot in the home where the Bornman brothers grew up.
7. The debut music video ‘Evil Shaker’ was shot, edited and released in under 3 days.
8. To this day, Stoker have not played a club gig in Pretoria or Johannesburg.
9. On the band’s first tour, they were advertised as ‘Stroker’ by a well known venue in George.
10. Stoker have played RAMfest, Oppikoppi and Synergy festivals before releasing any official recordings.
Well, there you have it, 10 Things You Did Not Know About Stoker. I trust that this article has informed you and filled you with facts that you can tell your friends. Thanks to Stoker for sharing these facts with me.
I’ve watched these boytjies play at Up The Creek and Oppikoppi and I really hope they decide to play a club gig in Pretoria one day – the 2.3 km Uber ride to Arcade Empire would be totally worth it. They truly are one of the rock gems in the SA Music Scene. Maybe they’ll decide to grace us with their presence at a Park Acoustics one day? Who knows?
Watch this space for regular updates in the Facts and Music categories on Running Wolf’s Rant.