In case you did not know, Sutherland is an Indie Folk band from Johannesburg, South Africa. They have been making waves in the SA Music industry over the last two years. I bet that many of you do not know a lot about this band, so decided to give you some more info about them.
So without further ado or beating around the bush, here are 10 things you did not know about Sutherland:
1. They all used to have long hair – not just Chris. (Did you shave it off to fit in with the band’s image?)
2. They all passed our drivers first time. (Impressive, it took me nearly 20 years to pass mine, got it the second time I went for the test – after the 15th time I got my learners – not kidding)
3. They’ve all played in bands together before Sutherland. This is the second band that all three of them have been in, and Chris and Misty have been in 4 bands together incl Sutherland. (It’s a long road to the top if you want to rock ‘n roll…)
4. We are all self-taught musicians. (Impressive, I still can’t play a single instrument).
5. Chris is always super noisy at band practice – drummers ey? (Expected – Drummers are also noisy, on and off the stage)
6. They’re all really keen on being involved in the production of their songs (As it should be, that’s the best way to create music)
7. They are all multi-instrumentalists and really want to bring that out in their live shows at some stage. (So, who’s going to do a cowbell solo?)
8. They’ve lost Chris way more than they should have and he is really good at losing keys and locking keys in cars. The best even. (What level is he at? 1000?)
9. They have a bed in their studio just in case they’re too wrecked to drive home after long sessions. (Responsibility is important, you should NOT be driving when you’re too tired or wasted)
10. Their very first show was just over 2 years ago. A drum kit didn’t feature – but wine glasses did? – They’ve come a long way. Haha (What did you do with the wine glasses? Did Chris play a wine glass solo?)
I’d like to thank the okes from Sutherland for these facts and I wish them all of the best with their future musical endeavors. If you’re not familiar with their music, crank up their song “Lost” below:
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music and Facts categories on Running Wolf’s Rant.