Great News! Earlier today a 3 show South African Seether tour was announced by Breakout Management. This unique semi-acoustic tour will feature “An Intimate Evening With Seether” in Durban and Cape Town and the band headlining the next Parklife Music festival in Johannesburg.
These 3 shows will provide Seether fans with the ultimate backdrop to experience seeing the band with a storyteller-type atmosphere. Local acts will be joining Seether on all three of the shows on the tour: The Dirty Skirts, ISO and Shortstraw have already been confirmed for the Parklife Music Festival. In support of the tour, Seether will be releasing a career retrospective “Greatest Hits” double CD which will include a collection of their greatest songs along with three new tracks, rare b-sides and live tracks at the end of October. Seether’s music videos have had over 63 million combined YouTube views and they are mainstays when it comes to the touring circuit. The band averages more than 275 performances a year.
Seether have had no less than eleven number one singles and 17 Top 5 hits across multiple formats on radio and they have sold millions of records and singles globally. Not bad for a band that was formed by Shaun Morgan and Dale Stewart in Johannesburg in the late 1990s. I still remember hearing “Fine Again” on the radio for the first time. I could not believe that it was a song by an SA artist at the time.
Here are the confirmed dates for the 2013 South African Seether tour:
- Friday 22 November 2013: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Town. Show starts at 19:30 PM. Early bird tickets cost ONLY R150 and will cost R250 there after.
- Saturday 23 November 2013: Chris Saunders Park, Umhlanga, Durban. Show starts at 12 Noon. Early bird tickets cost ONLY R150 and will cost R250 there after.
- Sunday 24 November 2013: Parklife Festival, Marks Park, Emmarentia, Johannesburg. Show starts at 11 AM. Early Bird tickets cost R150 and will cost R295 thereafter. Tickets for kids under 17 cost R50 and kids under 6 can enter for free.
Tickets are available via Web Tickets and as you can see they are not overpriced at all, so you don’t have an excuse to miss out on this awesome opportunity! If you’re a Seether fan, get your arse into gear NOW!
Spread the word about this! Share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Remember: Sharing is Caring.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Garrett McNamara surfing a giant wave in Portugal - December 10, 2013
- Ashley Alexiss - December 10, 2013
- My 2 cents on the crowd boo-ing Zuma at the Mandela Memorial - December 10, 2013