“Behoort Aan Niemand Nie” Music Video released
During Francois Van Coke’s successful mini tour to Europe in June, he found the time to shoot his next solo music video for “Behoort Aan Niemand Nie” with his long-time friend, Johan J. Nel in Amsterdam. Johan has produced several of Fokofpolisiekar’s music videos.
The video is a retrospective look at Francois’ career over the last twelve years and what led him to become who he is today. “Behoort Aan Niemand Nie” (Belong to no one) is also his declaration of independence. This opening track of the album kicks off with spooky vocals and distorted bass guitar.
The verse moves in rhythm to rock ‘n roll of the 80’s. The chorus “Staan terug vir niemand nie, behoort aan niemand nie” (‘Stand back for no one, belong to no one’) is a mission statement for the future exposed with straightforward acoustic guitar and piano. Jedd Kossew plays a fantastic melodic solo, underscored with industrial and electronic sounds close to the end.
This song is one of my favorite tracks on his solo album and I’m really impressed by the video. I’m pretty sure you’re going to be blown away by it as well, so have a look below:
I’m pretty sure that this video is going to be very popular with his fans. The first video for his song with Karen Zoid, “Toe Vind Ek Jou” has been dubbed by many as the most beautiful South African ballad of 2015 and is already a firm favourite at weddings, festivals and in bars. Three months after its release the video has been viewed over 735,000 times on YouTube.
Catch one of these Francois Van Coke shows in a city near. Make sure that get tickets early, the remainder of his shows in July have been sold out:
- 17 July 2015 – Gig Tyd, Boksburg – Doors open at 6 PM and tickets are available at the door. Show starts at 9 PM.
- 1 August 2015 – The Dutch, Durban – Book via firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call 031 561 6969. Tickets cost R150 and the show starts at 8 PM. Supported by The Shotguns.
- 5 August 2015 – With Karen Zoid at The Assembly in Cape Town. Supported by The Vanilla. Tickets cost R150 on Web Tickets. Doors open at 7 PM.
Don’t forget that Francois Van Coke is also booked for Oppikoppi The Fantastic Mr. Vos Vos (which takes place from 7 to 9 August this year) and that Karen Zoid is also going to be there (so they’re probably going to play everyone’s favorite ballad) so try not to miss out on that.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Al Bairre Calls It Quits - February 21, 2017
- Foto Album: Jack Parow @ Aandklas Hatfield - February 20, 2017
- Win Tickets to the March 2017 edition of Park Acoustics - February 20, 2017