Brace yourself for the Jonathan Peyper Tour
Great News! Jonathan Peyper and his band will be hitting a stage near you in the near future. Yes, after burning up stages at Innibos and Otterlake Easter Festival this year, he will be playing on stages in the Free State, Northern Cape and Western Cape in July and August. He’s playing 10 shows in 11 days (which is some kind of record in my books).
If you’re not familiar with Jonathan Peyper’s music, do yourself a favor and go check out one of his shows. This boytjie and his travante will make love to your eardrums. They are definitely one of the most talented rock / blues trios in the country and you should see them live.
Here’s a video featuring Jonathan Peyper playing Joe Bonnamassa’s version of “John Henry” at Otterlake Easter Festival earlier this year. The video was shot and edited by Louise Pieterse.
With the support of Jorik Pienaar and Jason Hinch as one of the most exciting rhythm sections in the country (The Black Cat Bones, Stefan Dixon, Albert Frost), Jonathan Peyper has created nothing short of a well-rounded blues-rock masterpiece.
Peyper has been active on the music scene with artists like Jan Blohm, the Fake Leather Blues Band, the Foo Fighters Tribute band and others over the last few years, so chances are, you’ve seen (or heard) him before if you’re one of those people who go to a lot of gigs.
Catch Jonathan Peyper live at one of these gigs in July and August 2015:
- 23 July – No 16 Stoep & Beer Garden, Bloemfontein
- 24 July – The Alma Cafe, Cape Town
- 25 July – Mystic Boer, Stellenbosch – With Basson Laubscher & The Violent Free Peace
- 26 July – Saronsberg Theatre, Tulbagh
- 29 July – Brewers Co-op, Woodstock, Cape Town – Tickets available at this link.
- 30 & 31 July – Die Boer, Durbanville – With Francois Van Coke. Take note that both these shows are sold out already.
- 31 July – Blues Meets Rock, Durbanville
- 1 August – Perrigators, Pringle Bay.
- 2 August – The Occidental Bar, Kimberley.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.