Great news for SA Music fans! The Chaos Music Video was released earlier in the week. The song is the second last single off the Van Coke Kartel Wie’s Bang album (which was released in December 2011). In case you did not know, Jack Parow collaborates with the Bellville rockers on this song
Van Coke Kartel ended 2012 on a high note. Wie’s Bang (their fourth studio album) was number 8 on the Simfy Africa Top 20 downloads list and Times Live listed the album at number 5 on their top 10 Rock albums of 2012. The single Tot Die Son Uitkom was announced as the number 4 song on the annual Tuks FM Songs Of The Year chart – Van Coke Kartel’s other single Dis ‘n Land landed the number 21 spot on the chart.
The band is kicking off 2013 with a rocking start. You can catch Van Coke Kartel at one of these following shows during February 2013 as part of their Dankie Ek’s Veilig Hier Tour:
- 1 February 2013 – Klein Libertas Teater, Stellenbosch, as part of the 2013 Campus Invasion Tour
- 6 February 2013 – Mystic Boer, Bloemfontein. Tickets cost R40.
- 7 February 2013 – Memphis Rock, Potchefstroom. Tickets cost R40.
- 8 February 2013 – Live The Venue, Durban. Tickets cost R60.
- 9 February 2013 – Red Door, Pietermartizburg. Tickets cost R50.
- 15 February 2013 – Blizzards Entertainment Lounge, Durbanville – Tickets cost R50.
Make sure that you catch one of South Africa’s best live acts at one of these venues, you will NOT be disappointed. Fans of SA Music and Van Coke Kartel should brace themselves, the band is releasing exciting material from May 2013.
The Chaos Music Video was made possible by MK (channel 324 on DSTV). This video was directed by Ben Jay Crossman (who has a background in digital art and low-fi film making). He returned from Sweden a few years ago to focus on visual and emotive documentary film making.
Crossman has been stabbed twice, held up at gunpoint and shot by the riot police by mistake during a Honeydew riot. He also received a couple of black eyes, all in the name of raw reality film making. He has mainly been working with Die Antwoord to create a variety of visual art for them. Ben has also won numerous directing and art awards over the years and is currently shooting a feature called, Streets of Fietas. Check out the Chaos music video below, you may just be blown away
I’m completely blown away by the Chaos music video. It’s definitely the best Van Coke Kartel music video that I’ve seen (although it’s very close to being tied with the music video for Tot Die Son Uitkom). The visuals in the video are some of the best that I’ve seen in a South African music video. Well done Ben Jay Crossman!
What do you think of this music video? Leave a comment and let the readers of Running Wolf’s Rant know. Feedback is appreciated and welcome here. If you’ve enjoyed this post, feel free to share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Remember: Sharing is Caring. Also watch this space for regular updates in the Music Videos section on this blog.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Brace yourself for Sandton Craft Beer Fair 4 - February 28, 2015
- Francois Van Coke releases first single from his solo album - February 20, 2015
- Brace yourself for the third edition of Otterlake Easter Festival - February 19, 2015