“Cooler As Ekke” reaches 3 million views on YouTube
About 6 years ago Jack Parow pressed the ‘refresh’ button in and kicked the music world in the pants with the release of his “Cooler as Ekke” hit single and music video. He breathed new life into a scene that thought that it had seen everything and he took no prisoners.
He started out by rapping for a burger and a beer over ten years ago and has come a long way. Since then Jack Parow has released Platinum and Gold selling albums, toured the world, opened for Snoop Lion and Eminem, hung out with the guys from Top Gear, starred in a movie (Babalas), had the first Afrikaans Number 1 song (Hos Tokolosh with Gazelle) on 5FM’s Top 40, released his own comic book, released his own Braai sauce and has done a thousand other cool things.
The music video for “Cooler as Ekke” hit over 3 million views today, making it the most watched Afrikaans music video on YouTube. Parow definitely didn’t get ahead by sitting on his behind – it was a lot of hard work. It’s inspiration for all the wannabe rappers out there if you ask me.
Check out the video below if you haven’t seen it yet:
Parow will release a single in July that will most likely blow the toupees off omies heads. A vinyl version of his first album is due for release soon and yet another trip to Europe is on the cards. September sees the release of Jack Parow’s memoir, “Die Ou met die Snor by die Bar” and his chommie from the USA, Dirt Nasty, will be joining him for a South African tour (in case you forgot: they collaborated on the track, “F*k F*kkity F*k” on “Nag van die Lang Pette”). The launch of Parow’s online store is also around the corner and more information will be released about that soon.
Catch Parow at one of these gigs in a city / town near you in June:
- 6 June – The Dutch, Durban (Limited to 100 tickets)
- 7 June – Open Strings, Durban
- 19 June – Cafe Roux, Noordhoek, Cape Town
- 24 June – Grizzlies, Pretoria Gardens
- 25 June – Parkers Silverstar Casino, Johannesburg
- 27 June – Presley’s, Pretoria
- 28 June – With Francois Van Coke @ Park Acoustics, Pretoria
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 teaser trailer released - October 19, 2016
- Henry Rollins Interview (Video) - October 19, 2016
- Photo Album: Jack Parow @ Aandklas Hatfield - October 18, 2016