Fokofpolisiekar are delivering the goods
Great News! The ever prolific Fokofpolisiekar are certainly delivering the goods this year. The band successfully launched the Antibiotika India Pale Ale (their 2nd craft beer) in March, but they are not stopping there. They are heading for New Zealand soon and will release the Hemel op die Platteland Amber Ale at the end of the month. July will see the release of the “Monoloog in Stereo” EP vinyl.
Just like Dagdronk Blonde Ale and Antibiotika India Pale Ale, their 3rd craft beer, Hemel op die Platteland Amber Ale, will be available to order from the FPK Beer website.
Attention New Zealanders: For the first time since 2010 Fokofpolisiekar will leave the country as an entity to tour to another country. They are taking their revered brand of rock ‘n roll to the Kings Arms Tavern in Auckland on the 28th of May. If you have not seen these blokes live: prepare yourselves for some epic Afrikaans rock ‘n roll – they will blow you away.
On the 23rd of May 2005, JIP Volksblad announced Fokofpolisiekar’s plans to hit the studio to record the “Monoloog in Stereo” acoustic EP. The hard rock band took a chance and recorded an EP way different from their previous two releases: “As Jy Met Vuur Speel Sal Jy Brand” and “Lugsteuring”.
The mostly acoustic driven sound proved to be a hit and showcased the bands diversity from their previous punk rock sound. I have to admit that I was completely blown away by this EP when it came out. I still remember their set at Oppikoppi 2005 Wired that showcased the EP (and I think that was my 2nd Fokof show). Here’s a photo that I took on that day
Ten years on and Fokofpolisiekar are commemorating a decade of the Monoloog in Stereo by releasing a limited edition vinyl reproduction of the classic EP in July 2015. The vinyl will be available at shows and from the Fokofpolisiekar website. You can catch the band at one of these Hemel Op die Platteland Tour shows:
- 3 June 2015 – Aandklas, Stellenbosch.
- 5 June 2015 – Arcade Empire, Pretoria.
- 6 June 2015 – Rumours Lounge, Weltevreden Park, Johannesburg.
- 27 June 2015 – Jatinga Country Lodge, White River. Golden Circle tickets cost R350 per person, Normal Tickets cost R150 per person. Two options available: Show, Dinner, Bed & Breakfast @ R1990 per person (5 star accommodation) OR Show, Dinner, Bed, Breakfast & Return flights operated by Majestic Airlines from Lanseria Airport R2999 per person (5 star accommodation).
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- A quick chat with Thundermerwe - December 5, 2016
- Jack Parow & Jitsvinger stel “Dis Bef*k” Remix vry - December 1, 2016
- Win a Pixies, The Temper Trap etc. CD Hamper! - November 30, 2016