Fokofpolisiekar are celebrating 10 years in the South Africa Music Industry with a tour of South Africa. The tour which is fittingly named “En Nou’s Dit Tien Jaar later” kicks off this week Wednesday in Klerksdorp.
Fokofpolisiekar burst onto the SA Music scene in 2003 and has had a massive impact on the industry of the past decade. To date the band have released 3 studio albums and 3 EPs: The As Jy Met Vuur Speel Sal Jy Brand EP (in 2003), the Lugsteuring album (in 2004), the Monoloog In Stereo EP (in 2005), the Brand Suid-Afrika Single (in 2006), the Swanesang album (in 2006) and the Antiobiotika EP (in 2008). The band also released a Best of album in late 2012. The Best Of album features 22 of their best songs and a Bonus DVD with ALL of their music videos (some of which have not been played on MK).
“En Nou’s Dit Tien Jaar later” promises to be one of the most epic tours of 2013. Get your butt down to one of these shows in February and March. Support South African Music, it’s the right thing to do.
- 27 February 2013: Rio Casino, Klerksdorp. For more info, check out the event info on Facebook.
28 February 2013:
- 1 March 2013: Firkin Pub, Centurion.
6 March 2013:
- 16 March 2013: Emperor’s Palace, Kempton Park. With aKING. Buy tickets on the Emperor’s Palace website.
21 March 2013: Barnyard Theatre, Parkview, Pretoria. For more info e-mail
- 22 March 2013: Standard Bank Arena, Johannesburg. Acoustic Rocks show with Die Heuwels Fantasties, Van Coke Kartel and aKING.
28 March 2013: The Assembly, Cape Town
This tour is going to be epic and if you’re a Fokofpolisiekar fan, you should not miss out on it. I’m planning to attend at least two of these “En Nou’s Dit Tien Jaar Later” shows in Gauteng. I’m feeling pretty psyched up about this.
Spread the word about these shows to your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Remember: Sharing is caring.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- The Whistle Podcast #01 – Memes, Pretoria, Facts and Competitions - May 16, 2013
- 6 Reasons Why Pretoria is NOT a Boring City - May 14, 2013
- Sizzling Hot Audrina Patridge Gallery - May 14, 2013