Most of you reading this blog have probably seen Tweets by @KirstyBisset on your timeline on Twitter. This South African Twitter legend is based in Johannesburg. She’s definitely one of the most random and interesting tweople that I’ve encountered via Twitter (and I’m sure that many of you reading this will agree). And it’s also no secret that she is dating @BarryTuck (who has been featured on this blog before).
Besides her incessant ramblings all over the interwebs, she has actually spent the last few years growing her brain. Having completed her PDM (Postgraduate Diploma Management) in 2010, she went on to work as a Business Analyst at a company assisting entrepreneurs in building their businesses. She has a huge passion for small businesses and building them in South Africa. She has also tried to keep up with her modeling, but getting told that she’s too short or too fat hasn’t been her favourite pass-time.
I had the pleasure of interviewing @KirstyBisset recently, this is what she had to say.
What would you say has been the highlight of your modeling career over the last few years?
The highlight of my modeling career would definitely be walking the ramp at The Women’s Show about 2 years ago. Why, you ask? I had a, to keep this PG, wardrobe malfunction on stage. I managed to walk on, stay professional, and laugh at my misfortune afterwards. And that, dear ingenues, sums up surviving the modeling industry.
Would you say that Social Media has changed your life? And if so, How has it changed your life?
I wouldn’t say that social media has changed my life, but it has certainly changed my perception on certain things in life. If you told me, 2 years ago, that I would find the love of my life online, I would have reminded you to take your meds. In other news, my liquor cabinet has never been this full of Patron in its entire life. Bless.
You are quite active on Twitter. Can you recall a hilariously funny event that happened on Twitter that I can share with my readers?
Twitter makes me LOL-roll every day, it’s tough to pick a particular moment. One night that sticks out, though, would have to have been when, after much faux yearning, I finally got (and tweeted) a picture with Patrick Lambie. People were so proud of me, you’d think I’d won an award or something. Good to know people care…
What are you currently working on?
Finding a job, conquering my fear of carpets in public toilets, ridding myself of the restraining order Pat Lambie issued to me, and my new website.
Who are the 5 top people that you recommend folks reading this should follow on Twitter and why?
Oi… I follow over 800 people. This is going to be harder than keeping a straight face at a puppy and kitten convention, but here goes
- @BarryTuck – Yeah yeah… I know it sounds obvious, but the guy makes my tummy hurt from laughing, his ability to make models weak at the knees is admirable and does epic work in the social media space.
- @KhayaDlanga – I don’t know how this comrade claims to be a struggling womaniser when his mind (and humour) make us all swoon.
- @DorothyBlack – She’s brave, smart, and writes honestly about all things sex. No wonder she was my first Twitter crush.
- @joshjordaan – His twist on economical and political commentary makes me throw my phone on the floor and yell, “Why didn’t I think of that?!”
- @JoziGoddess – Here are my do’s and don’t's with Zama: Do: Follow her. Don’t: Fuck with her. She will outsmart you in 140 characters or less. (Is swearing allowed here? Now it is.)
I would like to take this opportunity to thank @KirstyBisset for her taking time to answer my questions and doing this interview with Running Wolf’s Rant. You can follow her on Twitter via @KirstyBisset, you will definitely NOT be disappointed.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Technology category on this blog.