New Van Coke Kartel Music Video Released
Bellville Rockers Van Coke Kartel have a released a music video for their song “Dankie Ek’s Veilig Hier”. Van Coke Kartel launched their first ”self-titled” album in November 2007 and took to the road in November 2012 to celebrate their five year existence with the Jägermeister, Monster Energy and Music Connection Half a Decade Tour.
Since the launch of the self-titled album, the band has released another three full length albums and has been awarded various local music awards including two SAMAs and 3 MK Awards this year and last year. Five years on and Van Coke Kartel are more popular than ever. They’ve become one of the best live acts in the SA Music scene. I was particularly blown away by their performance at RAMFest 2013 Johannesburg this year (which featured collaborations with Peach Van Pletzen, Hunter Kennedy, Laudo Liebenberg and George van der Spuy). Great news for Van Coke Kartel fans is that the band is currently in the process of writing and recording new material that will be released by the end of September 2013.
More great news is that Van Coke Kartel will be kicking of a 12 date national tour at the end of April 2013. The Jägermeister, Monster Energy and Music Connection Duba Bike Tour starts off in Pretoria on the 28th of April and ends in Cape Town on the 31st of May 2013. Make your way to one of these gigs, you will not be disappointed
- 28 April 2013 – Park Acoustics, Voortrekker Monument, Pretoria
- 30 April 2013 – Rockabillys, Edenvale
- 1 May 2013 – Aandklas Hatfield, Pretoria
- 2 May 2013 – Betego’s Night Club, Benoni
- 3 May 2013 – Stones, Centurion
- 4 May 2013 – Arcade Empire, Pretoria
- 7 May 2013 – Café Barcelona, Pretoria
- 8 May 2013 – Barnyard Theatre, Vereeniging
- 9 May 2013 – Memphis Rock, Potchefstroom
- 10 May 2013 – Gig tyd, Boksburg
- 11 May 2013 – Blue Moon, Nelspruit
- 31 May 2013 – Mercury Live, Kaapstad
Photographer and videographer Fred van Leeuwen of The Image Engineer joined Van Coke Kartel on their recent tour of South Africa. Fred, who is a fan of the band and has been carving out a career documenting musicians, music festivals and live concerts, was the appropriate individual to go on the road with the band to create an intimate, behind-the-scenes perspective of life on tour for Van Coke Kartel. All the images and video was captured on a Canon 5D Mark II camera. Check out the video for “Dankie Eks Veilig Hier” below
This is one bloody awesome video if you ask me. What do you think of the new video? Leave a comment and let me know. Feedback is appreciated and welcome here. If you’ve enjoyed reading this post, feel free to share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Sharing is caring after all.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
PS: This post is part of the A-Z Blog Challenge that I have joined for April 2013
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- A quick chat with Thundermerwe - December 5, 2016
- Jack Parow & Jitsvinger stel “Dis Bef*k” Remix vry - December 1, 2016
- Win a Pixies, The Temper Trap etc. CD Hamper! - November 30, 2016