It’s that time of the year again! The 2013 Campus Invasion Tour is going to blow audiences and music lovers in Johannesburg, Grahamstown, Pretoria, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Bloemfontein and Potchefstroom away, starting the 28th of January and ending on the 16th of February.
Smirnoff Ice and Red Bull Mobile in association with MK, Ticketbreak and Hilltop Live presents the 2013 Campus Invasion Tour. This seven campus tour of South Africa will feature an assorted mix of the best bands and DJs that South Africa has to offer.
The Campus Invasion Tour is the best party to kick-start the new campus year. Last year’s tour saw a combined tour attendance of well over 60,000 music fans all over South Africa. Great News for fans of SA Music is that the 2013 Campus Invasion Tour is going to be even bigger!
Remember that discounted pre-sale tickets can be purchased from Ticketbreak for all seven of these shows. It’s advisable that you focus on the Campus Invasion Facebook page since there will be promotional competions an give-aways. Also note that these events are ONLY open to person over the age of 18. Remember: Drink Responsibly
Catch any one of these 2013 Campus Invasion tours in a city / town near you soon! Get Ready to Escape The Ordinary!
- Potchefstroom, North West: 28 January 2013 at Bourbon Street, Die Bult. Starts at 6 PM. Featuring performances by Jack Parow, Ryno Velvet and Zinkplaat. Tickets cost R40 via Ticketbreak.
- Bloemfontein, Free State: 30 January 2013 at Barba’s Cafe, Westdene. Starts at 6 PM. Featuring performances by Toya Delazy and 5FM DJ Rob Forbes.
- Stellenbosch, Western Cape: 1 February 2013 at Klein Libertas Theatre, Bergzicht Plaza. Starts at 5 PM. Featuring performances by Jack Parow, Van Coke Kartel, Sons of Settlers, Pascal & Pearce and Spoegwolf. Tickets cost R60 via Ticketbreak or R70 at the gate.
- Cape Town, Western Cape: 8 February 2013 at Greenmarket Square in the City Bowl. Starts at 5 PM. Featuring performances by Mi Casa, Pascal and Pearce and Toya Delazy. Tickets cost R70 via Ticketbreak or R80 at the gate.
- Pretoria, Gauteng (Hatfield Carnival): 9 February 2013 in the Hatfield Square Precinct. Starts at 12 noon. Featuring performances by Die Heuwels Fantasties, Jack Parow, Ross Jack, Shadowclub, Southern Gypsey Queen, Toya Delazy, Winterstasie, Newton’s 2nd Law, Mi Casa, Pascal and Pearce and more. Tickets cost R50 via Ticketbreak or R60 at the gate.
- Grahamstown, Eastern Cape: 15 February 2013 at Prime Club. Starts at 6 PM. Featuring 5FM’s DJ Fresh and DJ Vigi. Tickets cost R80 via Ticketbreak or R100 at the door.
- Johannesburg, Gauteng (Jozifest): 16 February 2013: Town Hall and Surrounds, Newtown Cultural Precinct. Starts at 12 noon. Featuring performances by Taxi Violence, The Black Cat Bones, ISO, Southern Gypsey Queen, Goodnight Wembley, Shadowclub, King Rat, Reepa, Liver, Twelv & Thesis, Ross Jack and more. Tickets cost R80 via Ticketbreak or R100 at the gate.
I just want to say that I’m completely blown away by the awesomeness of the line-ups for this year’s 2013 Campus Invasion Tour. If you’re a fan of SA Music, you should not miss out on this. I plan to make my way both the Pretoria and Johannesburg legs of this year’s tour, so keep a look-out for a 35 year old bald guy with a camera, that will probably be me. This is going to be awesome, mark my words.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- The Whistle Podcast #01 – Memes, Pretoria, Facts and Competitions - May 16, 2013
- 6 Reasons Why Pretoria is NOT a Boring City - May 14, 2013
- Sizzling Hot Audrina Patridge Gallery - May 14, 2013