Top 3 Most Expensive Celebrity Homes
Let’s face it folks, you can make a lot of money if you’re famous, but some celebrities really do take it a notch too far when it comes to purchasing homes. It also costs a fortune insuring them, if you don’t believe me, read more about it on the King Price Blog.
To give you an idea of the lavishness that’s out there, I’m featuring the 3 most expensive celebrity homes. I’m pretty sure that you’ll have to break a lot of piggy banks (and by a lot I mean like 2 or 3 million of them) to save up for lavish homes like these.
1. Aaron Spelling’s 5109 square metre home: Remember the 1990’s? Remember a little TV show called Beverly Hills 90210 and another one called Melrose Place ? Well, Aaron Spelling was the producer of them, The Mod Squad, Charlie’s Angels, The Love Boat, Dynasty, 7th Heaven and Charmed. He produced a ton of TV shows in his lifetime and made a huge fortune from it before he passed away in 2006.
The Spelling home is valued at $150 million. It has an orchard, four garages, tennis courts, swimming pools, a skating rink and an indoor bowling alley. If this home has more than 8 bathrooms, I would not be surprised.
2. Bill Gates’ 6131 square metre home: The co-founder of Microsoft’s home is valued at $147.5 million. This billionaire’s home is most likely larger than twenty celebrity homes put together and is also one of the most expensive ones ever built as well. The Gates home has several rooms, many expected IT spaces and its own built-in library.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Gates has a little John Malkovich room somewhere in this house where he’s planning world domination or at least dresses up in a Doctor Evil costume for the hell of it.
3. Oprah’s $85 million abode: There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that Oprah Winfrey is one of the richest women on the planet. The Oprah Winfrey Show started out as a low-rated half-hour morning talk show in Chicago in 1984 but became so popular that it went national in less than 2 years. It was on the air for 25 years.
In 2011 it was estimated that her net worth was somewhere around $2.7 billion, but despite being lavishly rich she has given away millions to charity (including $40 million to open a school for girls in South Africa). This home has 10 fireplaces, 14 bathrooms, 6 bedrooms and also has a lake for her collection of exotic fish.
Well, there you have it, the Top 3 Most Expensive Celebrity Homes. Which one is your favorite?
If these homes were in South Africa, I would not be surprised if these celebs chose King Price as their Insurance Broker.
Learn more about King Price. Their premiums are reasonable and they most likely have a package that suits your pocket and your lifestyle.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Facts category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 teaser trailer released - October 19, 2016
- Henry Rollins Interview (Video) - October 19, 2016
- Photo Album: Jack Parow @ Aandklas Hatfield - October 18, 2016