Great news for lovers of SA Music! The Van Coke Kartel Half a Decade Tour is in full swing! These Afrikaans rockers from Bellville in the Western Cape are celebrating five years in the SA Music industry and it’s going to be epic!
In case you did not know, Van Coke Kartel launched their first self-titled album in November 2007 and kicked off their first live performance at Mercury Live in Cape Town at the end of that month. Five years on and the band has won various awards, including 2 SAMAs and has also been voted by MK viewers as the ‘Best Live Act’ in 2010 and 2011.
Van Coke Kartel have already started celebrating five years in the industry. They started the Van Coke Kartel Half a Decade tour in October 2012 already. This tour has been going on in November and the band have now also added dates in December 2012.
Make your way to one of these gigs on the Van Coke Kartel Half a Decade tour:
- 23 November 2012 – Firkin Pub, Centurion. Entrance costs R60 per person.
- 24 November 2012 – Brickfields Music Festival, Johannesburg. They will be performing with other artists. Tickets cost R150 pre-sale or R200 at the door.
- 27 November 2012 - Acoustic show, The Wolves Café, Illovo. For this gig you can tip the band as you feel.
- 28 November 2012 – Cool Runnings, Moreleta Park, Pretoria. Entrance costs R25 at the door.
- 29 November 2012 - Arcade Empire, Pretoria. Entrance costs R80.
- 1 December 2012 – Synergy Live 2012, Villiersdorp
- 5 December 2012 - Skoffelskuur, Hartenbos. Tickets costs R60 per person.
- 7 December 2012 – Jolly Dolphin, Jeffrey’s Bay. Doors open at 6 PM, performance at 8:30 PM. Tickets cost R180 pre-sold or R200 at the door.
- 7 December 2012 - VIP Superclub, Plettenberg Bay. Doors open 8 PM. Performance at 10:30 PM / 11 PM. Entrance costs R70 at the door.
- 8 December 2012 – Nikita’s Dance Club, Bellville. Tickets cost R80 per person. No Under 18s allowed.
- 14 December 2012 – Beach Bar, Langebaan. Tickets cost R60 per person.
- 18 December 2012 – Barnyard, Mossel Bay. Tickets cost R130 per person.
- 19 December 2012 – West End Theatre, George. Tickets cost R120 per person.
- 20 December 2012 – Zanzibar, Knysna. Tickets cost R50 per person.
- 29 December 2012 - VIP Superclub, Plettenberg Bay.
- 30 December 2012 – Pool City Walmer, Port Elizabeth. Tickets cost R60 per person.
- 31 December 2012 - Jolly Dolphin, Jeffrey’s Bay. Tickets available at Computicket or the venue.
There you have it, all the details of the Van Coke Kartel Half a Decade tour! Get your butt down to a venue near you this coming holiday season!
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music News category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Garrett McNamara surfing a giant wave in Portugal - December 10, 2013
- Ashley Alexiss - December 10, 2013
- My 2 cents on the crowd boo-ing Zuma at the Mandela Memorial - December 10, 2013