Besides the fact they are kicking off the Van Coke Kartel tour, the band will also be one of two Afrikaans bands that will be part of Heineken Symphonic Rocks (which is set to take place on the 29th of September at Grand West in Cape Town and the 6th of October at Carnival City in Johannesburg). Van Coke Kartel and various other SA artists will be performing with a 65 piece symphonic orchestra at these concerts. Tickets are available via Computicket.
The Van Coke Kartel Chaos tour will be making its way to many cities in South Africa during the course of October 2012. The tour is brought to you by Jagermeister, Monster Energy and Music Connection. Catch these Afrikaans rockers (who are one of the best live acts ever) at these following venues for the tour:
- 3 October 2012 – Memphis Rock, Potchefstroom. Entrance costs R30 at the door.
- 9 October 2012 – Acoustic Show, Sink Shack, Bronkhorstpruit. Limited tickets cost R80. Booking is essential. Contact Deon on 078 741 7597 for more information.
- 11 October 2012 – Mystic Boer, Bloemfontein. Entrance costs R50 at the door.
- 12 October 2012 – Halfway House Hotel, Kimberley. Entrance costs R80 at the door.
- 13 October 2012 – Arcade Empire, Pretoria. Entrance costs R50 at the door.
- 19 October 2012 – Tin Cups, Witbank. Entrance costs R50 at the door.
- 20 October 2012 – Centurion Rugby Club, Centurion. Entrance costs R120.
- 26 October 2012 – Mercury Live, Cape Town. Entrance costs R50 at the door.
- 27 October 2012 – Rhapsody’s, Centurion. Entrance cost TBC.
In case you forgot, Van Coke Kartel launched their first self-titled album in November 2007 and kicked off their first live performance at Mercury Live in Cape Town at the end of that month. 5 years later and Van Coke Kartel has won various awards (including 2 SAMAS) and has been voted by DSTV channel MK viewers as the ‘Best Live Act’ in 2010 and 2011. The band will be celebrating their “‘Half a Decade” existence with a weeklong tour at the end of November 2012 and an extensive December 2012 Tour. Catch them at the following venues during November 2012 as part of their Half A Decade Tour:
- 16 November 2012 – Kleinplasie Show Grounds, Worcester. Entrance costs R75 per person.
- 23 November 2012 – Firkin Pub, Centurion. Entrance costs R60 per person at the door.
- 24 November 2012 – The Bohemian, Johannesburg. Entrance costs R60 at the door.
- 27 November 2012 – Wolves Cafe, Johannesburg. Patrons are encouraged to tip the band as they feel fit to.
- 29 November 2012 – Cool Runnings Moreleta Park, Pretoria. Entrance costs R25 at the door.
If you get a chance to see these okes live, get your butt down to the venue and support SA music. It’s the right thing to do. Van Coke Kartel will not disappoint you with their live performance.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music News category on Running Wolf’s Rant.