Jack Parow and Fokofpolisiekar have combined forces with Warner Bros. Games, Ster Kinekor Entertainment and tournament operators ACGL to present a KNOCK OUT event unlike any other ever experienced before in South Africa. This event will take place at Weiveld in Pretoria on the 8th of July and will bring together gaming and live music to deliver an evening of supreme entertainment.
On the night, there will be loads of Injustice™ 2 giveaways, a dedicated gaming area (for punters to have a go at battling it out), Rob Forbes from 5FM will MC, DJ Waynalicious will keep the music pumping and off course Jack Parow and Fokofpolisiekar will deliver their legendary explosive live performances to top off the night.
Not only will the top eSports players battle it out for their share of R60,000 at the official Injustice™ 2 South African Championship Series Grand Final, but Jack Parow and Francois van Coke will take each other on as well. In a world where gaming and music collide, who will reign supreme? You should making your way here and experience it for yourself to find out.
In case you did not know:
- Jack Parow is an avid gamer. (He is, in fact, gaming right now when he should be busy writing his next album). Megarom sent him to the 2016 Gamescom in Cologne (Germany) to cover the event and this year in June he will be attending the prestigious E3 Electronics entertainment expo in Los Angeles to represent.
- Fokofpolisiekar members Hunter Kennedy and Francois van Coke are also keen gamers. Although they are mostly on the road, they play games in their off time.
- Gaming is the fastest growing entertainment industry.
- Internationally professional gaming has become a viable profession and career path with players competing for millions of US Dollars as well as brand endorsements.
In case you’re not familiar with Injustice 2:
- Injustice 2 expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. With every match, players earn gear to equip, customize and level-up their favourite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that meaningfully impacts not only how they look, but also how they fight.
- Players can choose from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favourites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl, The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Blue Beetle, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd and Deadshot.
- Injustice 2 was built by NetherRealm Studios and Ed Boon.
Check out the Injustice 2 trailer for it below:
Entrance for this event costs R150. The doors at Weiveld (which is situated on the corner of Graham and Boschkop road in Zwavelpoort, Pretoria East) open at 7 PM. There will be a DJ set till 8 PM. At 8 PM the Injustice 2 finals will happen and you can experience the battle between Francois Van Coke and Jack Parow. At 9:30 PM Fokofpolisiekar will perform, at 10:30 PM Jack Parow will perform and there will be another DJ set at 11:30 PM. Get your tickets here.
Great news is that Running Wolf’s Rant is giving away a double ticket for this event! All you need to enter is let us know who you think will win the gaming battle between Francois Van Coke and Jack Parow and WHY you think they’ll be the winner of this epic contest. The winner of the double ticket will also walk away with a zipped hoodie (see photo below).
Take note that this competition is NOT open to under 18’s. The competition closes on Thursday the 29th of June 2017. Please make sure that you include an e-mail address so we can reach you if we need to. The winner will be notified in the comment section below this article. Good luck to those who are entering this competition!
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music, Gaming and Competitions categories on Running Wolf’s Rant.