Win tickets to Freedom Festival!
Freedom Festival is coming to Pretoria and Cape Town in April 2015 and it’s going to be awesome. No less than 5 international bands and tons of local acts will be entertaining music fans at Supersport Park (in Centurion) on the 25th of April and at the Ostrich Ranch (a few kilometers outside the Mother city) on the 27th of April (Freedom Day).
4 of the international acts have been announced. The Curious Incident (a pop rock act from the UK) and 3 acts from the USA: Skillet (A Christian rock band from Memphis, Tennessee), The Airbourne Toxic Event (a rock band from Los Angeles, California) and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (a rock band from Jacksonville, Florida). I’m very curious to find out who the last international act is, but rumor has it that it’s a big one, so if you have not liked the Freedom Festival Facebook page yet, do it NOW and make sure that you don’t miss the announcement.
But that’s not all… No less than 10 local acts have been announced for Freedom Festival. I’m trying not to beat around the bush, so without further ado, here’s the list: Bittereinder, The Plastics, Haggis & Bong, Fokofpolisiekar, Al Bairre, The Narrow, aKING, Gangs of Ballet, Die Heuwels Fantasties and Shortstraw.
I don’t think that I’ve seen a better line-up than this for a one day festival in ages. My gut’s telling me that this is going to be a top showcase of SA’s finest music talent, so if you really like local music, try not to miss out on this one.
Great news! Running Wolf’s Rant is giving away tickets to BOTH of the editions of Freedom Festival. 2 sets of double tickets are up for grabs for the Pretoria show and 2 sets of double tickets are up for grabs for the Cape Town show.
I know that grafting sucks, but you’re going to have to do some work to stand a chance to win these tickets, but don’t stress too much. No manual labor, criminal activity or whipping is required to enter the competition, but you’re going to have to take a selfie on your smartphone.
Your selfie should express your enthusiasm for SA Music. Cardboard cut-outs of band members welcome, creativity and freedom of expression encouraged and group selfies welcome too.
Yes, it’s a selfie competition, the first of it’s kind on Running Wolf’s Rant. Here’s how you can enter:
- Take a selfie on your phone and attach it to a tweet from your Twitter account. Mention the following two handles in your tweet: @rwrant and @FreedomFest_SA. Mention the following hashtags: #SAMusicSelfie and #PTA (if you want to win tickets for the Pretoria show) or #CPT (if you want to win tickets for the Cape Town show).
- Take a selfie on your phone and post it on the Running Wolf’s Rant Facebook page. Mention this phrase (or a variation that makes sense of it) in your post: “My friend and I really want to go to Freedom Festival in Cape Town / Pretoria”. It’s important that you mention WHERE you want to go (if you are selected as one of the winners).
- If you don’t want to take a selfie, you can CLICK HERE to enter the Pretoria competition or CLICK HERE to enter the Cape Town competition via Twitter (and yes you need a valid Twitter account to enter via this method). Take note this is a VALID entry into the competition, but if you enter with a selfie, your chances will be greater to win the tickets.
2 Cape Town entries and 2 Pretoria entries will be selected as the winners of the competition. Entries will be judged on enthusiasm and creativity displayed. The competition closes on Monday the 6th of April 2015 at 5 PM.
The winners will be notified shortly after via Facebook message / Tweet. Take note that this competition is not open to under 18’s and that the judges’ decision is FINAL.
If you don’t want to enter the competition, you can still buy tickets for Freedom Festival on the event’s official website. Tickets cost R495 per person.
Spread the word about this awesome event and competition. Share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Remember: Sharing is caring.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music and Competitions categories on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- A quick chat with Thundermerwe - December 5, 2016
- Jack Parow & Jitsvinger stel “Dis Bef*k” Remix vry - December 1, 2016
- Win a Pixies, The Temper Trap etc. CD Hamper! - November 30, 2016