I was browsing The Meta Picture website this morning and I came across this Infographic about the World’s Deadliest Horror Villain.
I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of Horror. I’m a fan of Supernatural, True Blood, American Horror Story and Stephen King but that’s about it. I don’t see the point of watching movies and television shows that is just a repetition of one violent acts. I’d much rather indulge myself in some good old fashioned Science Fiction and Fantasy. It encourages me to get brilliant ideas ALL the time. It also discourages me from chopping up my fellow humans.
The world’s Deadliest Horror Villain Infographic features the Top 10 Horror Villains of all time. I must say that I’ve picked up some surprises on this list. I did not realize that they’ve killed so many people on screen. I wonder what the monster body count is on Supernatural, how many pints of blood have been consumed on episodes of True Blood and how many words Stephen King has typed on his typewriter and computer since he became a writer.
Here’s my take on all 10 of the World’s Deadliest Horror Villains that are listed on this Infographic:
- Pennywise: This clown (played by Tim Curry in IT) scared the crap out of me when I was still in high school. I rank It as one of my favorite horror stories of all time. I’ll never forget scaring my dad in our living room when the spider made it’s appearance on the screen. I will also never forget this epic line that Pennywise says in the movie “BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you’re down here with us, you’ll float too!”
- Candy Man: I have to admit that I’ve only seen one of the Candy Man films and I must say that I wasn’t really impressed but I definitely don’t have the urge to say “Candy Man” three times in a row when I’m standing in front of my bathroom mirror.
- Chucky: I have a friend who is a huge fan of the Child’s Play films, but I’m not a huge fan. I have to admit that I admire Chucky’s sense of humor though. I watched one of the films and I remember that friend laughing his arse off when he heard me exclaim “Chucky Show Yourself!” when I couldn’t handle the suspense.
- Leatherface: I have never had the urge to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I think it’s dumb and stupid. No one wants to some chainsaw wielding redneck idiot cutting people into pieces. I don’t see the point. I prefer Tarantino’s glorified version of violence over this.
- Pinhead: I have seen one of the 9 Hellraiser films. I don’t intend to watch the other eight. One was enough for me. I have to admit that Clive Barker has one hectic imagination though. Hooked Chains that tear people apart? What will they think of next?
- Jigsaw: I watched three of the seven Saw films. The first two were actually quite brilliant. Jigsaw is creepy as hell, there’s no doubt about that. The first film was actually quite groundbreaking when it first came out. I don’t see the point of making 6 sequels to follow up a movie that would’ve been perfect on it’s own? Hollywood is definitely running out of ideas if you ask me.
- Freddy Krueger: I don’t dress up on Halloween, but if I ever have the opportunity to, I’ll definitely get dressed up as Freddy Krueger. His surname is almost similar to mine after all. Over the years I’ve probably seen at least 4 of the 9 Nightmare on Elm Street films. The first one (which featured Johnny Depp in his first film role) is still my favorite though. You have to admire Wes Craven’s imagination and his ability to play a cameo role in all of his films though.
- Lubin: You should not have any intentions to steal this Leprechaun’s gold – he’s killed 45 people in one film and he uses ANYTHING to kill people. It’s a unique concept, but I’ve never heard of any other evil Leprechauns in Ireland.
- Michael Myers: I’m not a huge fan of the Halloween films, but I definitely won’t fuck with Michael Myers. I try to stay away from girls and guys that point too much with butcher knives.
- Jason Voorhees: He’s definitely the world’s deadliest horror villain. 300+ people killed in 13 films? And he likes a machete? If I see someone wearing a hockey mask I stay the fuck away from them thanks to the Friday the 13th films. I’ve never watched one of the films from beginning to end because I think it’s retarded. 13 films featuring one serial killer is a bit crazy if you ask me. Hollywood should really get new ideas.
There you have it, my take on the World’s Deadliest Horror Villain Infographic. Which one of these characters would you steer clear of and why? Leave a comment and let me know.
If you’ve enjoyed reading this post, feel free to share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Remember: Sharing is Caring.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Movies category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Another 5 stunning hotties for Titillating Tuesday - April 15, 2014
- Win tickets to Asking Alexandria in Johannesburg! - April 14, 2014
- 20 Random Funnies to kick-start your Monday - April 14, 2014