Here are 10 facts about Limp Bizkit:
- Limp Bizkit was formed in 1994 in Jacksonville, Florida in the United States.
- The current members of the band are Fred Durst, Wes Borland (who returned to the band in 2009), Sam Rivers, John Otto and Leor Dimant.
- Former members of Limp Bizkit include Mike Smith, Rob Waters and Scott Borland.
- Limp Bizkit have sold more than 33 million records worldwide. Their 2000 album Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water sold 1.05 million copies in its first week of release.
- Limp Bizkit have been nominated for 3 Grammy Awards over the years. They’ve won 1 American Music Award, 2 MTV Video Music Awards, 1 Billboard Music Award, 1 Billboard Music Video Award and various others.
- Leor Dimant (also known as DJ Lethal) was born in the USSR and is also a member of House of Pain (who re-united in 2010).
- Wes Borland was the live guitarist for Marilyn Manson for 2 shows in 2008.
- Fred Durst was in the US Navy and a tattoo artist before Limp Bizkit started.
- In 1999, some critics singled out Limp Bizkit’s performance of “Break Stuff” during Woodstock 1999 as a contributing factor in instigating the violence and vandalism which occurred at the festival. Wes Borland had this to say to the media about this “OK. Woodstock. Dusty ground for sure, but you’re basing your idea of our involvement there on the media’s slanted view of what happened. We were the poster child, in a nutshell, because we have a song called ‘Break Stuff’. The crux of that whole fiasco didn’t take place until the next day, yet news stations everywhere were broadcasting images of our set immediately followed by the fires burning and fences being taken down 24 hours later. We’re going to have to agree to disagree on what happened there, because my view and the popular view (which basically uses us as the scapegoat and excludes a plethora of additional problems: overpriced vendors, ATMs running out of money, alcohol influenced mayhem, and general mob mentality behavior) don’t match up. We never said: ‘please fight each other, burn everything, and rape.’ We didn’t even allude to it. We did our thing.”
- Fred Durst is a playable character in the Fight Club video game.
There you have it, 10 facts about Limp Bizkit. If you have something you can add to this list, please comment on this post and let the readers of Running Wolf’s Rant know. Feedback is appreciated and welcome here.
This is the music video for the Limp Bizkit song Re-Arranged (which is taken from the album Significant Other):
Watch this space for regular updates in the Facts and Music categories. Feel free to share anything you find interesting here with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Sharing is caring.