As Plato once said “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything”. I’m pretty sure that like your’s truly, you agree with this assessment, so without further ado, here’s 10 Random and Interesting Music Facts.
1. Axl Rose is an anagram for oral sex, and his real name is William Bailey.
2. The Clash’s “Rock The Casbah” was written after the banning of rock music in Iran.
3. The Rolling Stones’ tongue logo design was inspired by the Indian Hindu goddess Kali The Destroyer.
4. Lynyrd Skynyrd got their name from a high school teacher, Leonard Skinner, who suspended students for having long hair.
5. The Doors were the first band ever to advertise a new album on a billboard.
6. Neil Young wrote “Rockin’ In The Free World” after he heard one of the members of Crazy Horse say he liked playing in Europe rather than the Middle East better, because “It’s better to rock in the free world”. The song became sort of an anthem but really refers to the “pride and guilt of being American”.
7. Malcom Young used to play the solos in AC/DC, until one day he told his brother “You do them…cuz they keep busy the hand I use for drinking!”.
8. The Sex Pistols were banned almost in every part of the UK, so they started touring under the name SPOT (Sex Pistols On Tour).
9. Eddie Van Halen plays the guitar solo in the middle of Michael Jackson’s “Beat It”.
10. Stevie Ray Vaughan was the guitarist on David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance” album (country meets glam? it turned out just fine)
Well, there you have it, 10 Random and Interesting Rock Music Facts. Hope you have learned something you did not know. If you’ve found something interesting, feel free to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Sharing is caring after all.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Facts and Music categories on Running Wolf’s Rant.