Great news! SAMA-winning blues/rock guitarist Albert Frost (in association with Concerts SA) has proudly announced the dates for the African Frost Tour taking place from 17 May to 16 June across 6 African countries. Territories for the African Frost Tour include South Africa, Swaziland, Maputo, Lesotho, Zimbabwe and Malawi. Fans in each country can look forward to an unforgettable show as Frost takes his trademark high-energy live performance across the various African borders, before heading abroad to Amsterdam and North America towards the end of the year.
Albert Frost is ready for the African Frost Tour and comments, “I am so excited for this tour for a couple of reasons. It’s time for me to expand and Africa is opening up to artists like myself, especially coming from a blues background which encapsulates a world music feel. Expect a diverse mixture of styles delivered with acoustic and electric guitars, something you will feel because it’s real and uncompromised.”
Frost took home his first SAMA last year when his third solo album, ‘The Wake Up’, won the Award for ‘Best Rock Album’. The album successfully explored a departure from Frost’s blues roots, ‘The Wake Up’ showcasing various musical avenues and lyrical content to create something that surprised and excited fans all over, clearly evident from the get go with debut single ‘Tonight’.
The African Frost Tour Dates are confirmed as follows:
- 17 May: Legends Showcase, East London, South Africa
- 18 May: Rocky Ridge, Ramsgate, South Africa
- 19 May: Winston Pub, Durban, South Africa
- 20 May: Marriot Ballito Beats, Ballito, KZN, South Africa
- 24 May: Caversham Mills, Midlands, KZN, South Africa
- 25 – 27 May: Bushfire Festival, Swaziland
- 1 June: Cafe Bar Gil Vicente, Maputo, Mozambique
- 6 – 8 June: WinterFest Afriski, Lesotho
- 9 June: The Tin Roof, Zimbabwe
- 15 June: Gritthas Camp, Malawi
- 16 June: Mayoka Village Beach Lodge, Malawi
In case you did not know, Concerts SA is a partnership programme between the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The SAMRO Foundation and Concerts Norway, administered by the The SAMRO Foundation. The Music Mobility Fund is a touring platform funded and administered by Concerts SA which offers opportunities for South African musicians to undertake live music tours.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.