Apple Music for Artists is coming out of BETA and is available for every artist on Apple Music. Artists can sign up and claim their account here.
Apple Music has taken their time, listened to and incorporated feedback from artists currently participating in the BETA. The result is an industry leading tool for artists and their teams that they believe is the very best available.
Apple Music for Artists is also launching as a brand new standalone iOS app for iPhone. The app provides artists and their teams with access to invaluable streams and sales data for unparalleled visibility into their global audiences.
Apple Music for Artists provides a level of detail beyond anything currently available
1. Access to all stream plays including algorithmic radio, as well as song and album sales from iTunes.
2. In-depth views of everything by song, album, playlist, location, fan demographics, and more.
3. Visibility into which Apple Music or curator playlists are driving the most streams of their music, how those trends change over time, as well as the demographics of the fans they resonate the most with.
4. Insights into where their fans are growing and the ability to track streams and sales all the way down to the city level in over 100 countries. This makes it possible to easily plan tours, cater set lists for fans in each city, vary promotions by region, or uncover unknown areas of popularity around the world.
Apple Music has also added additional features and capabilities including an integration with Shazam. Now artists can see their Shazam data, including the top Shazamed cities and countries, in their Apple Music for Artists profile.
More Apple Music for Artists features
1. Artists can now see the average number of daily listeners of their music. Average daily listeners can be viewed by country, city or song.
2. Plays from Playlists now offers more detailed information about the playlists an artists’ songs have been added to and where those songs are positioned in the playlists. They can also see across which countries your song is included in the playlist.
3. Music video views and performance metrics are now available in Apple Music for Artists
4. Updated weekly data. This now covers music industry standard release weeks to enable artists to better monitor week-to-week success.
Apple Music for Artists is like having your own data scientist and analytics expert on call 24/7, translating all of your data into easy-to-understand “insights.”
Artists are automatically alerted when there are important and meaningful changes to their data
1. First week plays of a new release will be compared to all previous first week plays.
2. New milestones like “1 Million Plays” will be highlighted. This will be useful when artists want to celebrate it with their fans.
3. Sudden spikes in streams anywhere in the world. This will help artists to focus efforts on the right places.
4. Seminal moments like being added to an Apple Music playlist.
I’m not a fan of Apple Music, but there’s no doubt in my mind that this is a great tool for artists. This is definitely an essential tool for any musician who’s writing, recording and releasing music in 2019.
Watch this space for updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.