The trailer for Avengers: Endgame has released today. The film is the sequel to 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War and will be released in May 2019.
Avengers: Endgame is directed by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo (who also directed the previous Avengers movie and two of the Captain America movies).
The screenplay is written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (the same writers who wrote the screenplay for Infinity War). The plot is yet to be revealed. I think that’s a good thing – I don’t like spoilers.
Here a few things that have been revealed about Avengers: Endgame so far:
- According to the Russo brothers, it could be 3 hours long.
- Producer Kevin Feige has said that this film is inspired by the final episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- This will be the 22nd film to be released by Marvel Studios for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Shooting started a few weeks after production wrapped up for Infinity War. The crew wrapped up production for Endgame on 11 January 2018.
- One theory regarding the plot involves the likelihood of time travel. One or more characters could be going back in time to undo some of the changes Thanos made.
I think that’s enough geek speak for now, so without further ado, here’s the first trailer for Avengers: Endgame
To be honest, I expect a little bit more, but I do understand that the film makers don’t want to give too much away about the plot. It does look like it’s going to be a fun and interested ride and I can’t wait to see this film though.
My inner geek and I am extremely amped to experience Avengers: Endgame next year. How about you? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Watch this space for updates in the Movies category on Running Wolf’s Rant.