Great Scott! For the first time Hidden Eden will host a Battle of the Rock Bands. Do you have a band? Think you have got what it takes to rock people’s socks off? Then enter today!
Cash prizes can be won and the grand prize will be an opening slot for a very well known SA band at Hidden Eden and cash!
Rules for The Battle of the Rock Bands at Hidden Eden:
2. You can make copies of this form and distribute among friends.
3. Each band has to get its own instruments. Only a common drum kit will be provided.
4. Unsigned bands only! Signed bands who sign up will be disqualified.
5. The organisers would appreciate all performing bands to please be original when it comes to choosing the songs they play.
6. Inability to follow rule 5 will lead to disqualification.
7. Each band needs to submit the lyrics of their original song in typed format.
8. All participating bands must give a detailed portfolio to the organisers before the end of February 2019.
Format of the competition and other info:
1. The Hidden Eden Battle of the Bands competitions starts on the 2nd of March 2019.
2. Each of the bands will have to perform 5 songs. 3 original compositions, 1 cover as per original artist, 1 cover in own style (which will be compulsory). The balance numbers can belong to any category of music: Rock, Metal, Alternative…
3. There will be only 1 winning band. In the words of ABBA: “The winner takes it all.”
4. Break- up of marks awarded: Total 60:
- Original songs – 20 points.
- Lyrics/song writing – 10 points.
- Stage presence – 10 points.
- Individual performances – 10 points.
- Crowd support – 10 points.
5. 45 minutes set per band.
6. 15 Minutes setup time between sets.
7. All bands must be at Hidden Eden at 5 PM.
8. There will be penalties for bands who arrive late.
9. Band fan’s votes count 35% together with judge’s votes.
10. Take note of following time slots:
- 18:00 – 18:45
- 19:00 – 19:45
- 20:00 – 20:45
- 21:00 – 21:45
- Results and votes at 22:30
11. Bands will be held responsible for replacement of any damaged sound/stage/lighting equipment.
12. R250 entry fee per band (non-refundable, even upon cancellation)
13. R50 entrance fee at gate.
14. All fees are going towards part of 1st cash prize and expenses to Hidden Eden/sound/sound engineer.
15. Four bands minimum per round. (2, 9, 16, 23 March 2019)
16. Two Chosen bands of each round to go through to semi-finals. (30 March, 13 April).
17. Two Chosen bands of each semi-final to go through to final. (27 April)
18. Prize giving at main event 2 Hidden Eden on 4 May 2019.
19. 20% Of door takings of each round will be added to main cash prize.
20. 50% Of door takings will be split as payment/prize for 2 chosen bands at semi-finals.
21. 30% Of door takings going towards Hidden Eden to cover expenses/sound/engineer.
22. A cash prize will be awarded in addition to an opening slot for a main act at Hidden Eden Battle of the Rock Bands held on 4 May 2019 for the winner
More info about Hidden Eden
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf’s Rant