You probably heard a lot of good things about cannabidiol or CBD oil, like how Charlotte Figi’s seizure, brought about by Dravey syndrome, was drastically reduced.
CBD is different from cannabis because it comes from hemp plants, which are close relatives of marijuana that contain less than 0.3 percent of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC.
CBD is known to be more therapeutic than other cannabinoids and is non-psychoactive, which helps maintain overall health and wellness.And it can help you attain good health.
Before we really get into it, make sure that you check out Koi CBD, they offer some great CBD products.
The Role of CBD oil in the Endocannabinoid System
CBD oil is a phytocannabinoid compound that is known to support overall well-being as it enhances the maximum functioning of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which plays a vital role in immunity. In the 1990s, the endocannabinoid system was discovered, and it is believed to respond well to CBD.
Here are some research findings of ECS:
1. The endocannabinoid system responds to both endogenous cannabinoids (produced by ECS) and external phytocannabinoids, like CBD.
2. The endocannabinoid system has CB1 (present in high numbers in the nervous system) and CB2 receptors (found in tonsils, thymus, spleen, and immune cells) throughout the body. Cannabinoids (CBD) act as ‘keys’ and cannabinoid receptors are ‘locks,’ which plays a vital role in homeostasis.
3. For the ECS to accept a CBD product positively, you should buy quality oils. The manufacturer should be able to show proof that they use quality materials and have extraction processes with Certificates of Analysis (C.O.A.) performed by independent third-party analysis. By doing so, you have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be consuming a CBD product without traces of heavy metals, contaminants, or toxins.
Yes, CBD Reduces or Eliminates Pain
CBD shows to have analgesic or anti-pain properties, and the fastest method for CBD to bring pain-relief is through vaping. You’ll experience the therapeutic effects of vaping CBD e-juice within a few minutes, lasting up to 4 to 6 hours.
CBD is safe, and the side effects are mild and tolerable. In a research study, cannabis preparations were compared to placebo to determine if it can relieve pain among patients who have malignant diseases.
Here are the findings:
1. Out of 18 trials, 15 showed a significant cannabinoid analgesic effect as compared to the placebo.
2. Cannabinoids are effective in treating neuropathic pain or pain due to altered nervous systems, of usually unknown cause.
3. About 43% of respondents reported decreased pain intensity (0 to 10 scale).
4. The highest recommended dose is 30 mg of CBD per day to relieve pain caused by malignant diseases.
Every day, many people experience pain, such as headache, migraine, backache, neck pain, shoulder pain, or arthritic pain. CBD can be used as an alternative treatment over non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs and opioids, which can cause gastric bleeding, nausea, vomiting, and compromised immunity.
Yes, CBD Promotes Better Sleep
Due to stress, many people don’t get enough sleep, so they end up feeling sleepy the next day without full energy to perform daily tasks at their best.
Here are some research studies showing the relationship between CBD and sleep:
1. Joseph Maroon, M.D., a neurosurgeon and clinical professor at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, CBD, has sleep aid properties which help some people get better sleep and ease anxiety and pain.
2. Based on the 2017 review of cannabis and sleep of the Current Psychiatry Reports, CBD affects sleep directly because it interacts with the cannabinoid receptors in the brain, which are involved in sleep and wake cycles.
3. Melissa Giovanni, 32 years old, a licensed dietitian in Nashville, Tennessee, takes CBD regularly before sleep and testifies that CBD often helps.
4. CBD oil is an alternative natural method that helps calm anxious thoughts that usually interrupt or delay natural sleep.
5. In a study of The Permanente Journal, published in January by the Kaiser-Permanente, a health insurance company, respondents reported some improvement after CBD treatment for poor sleep.
Yes, CBD Boosts Immunity
CBD Oil may suppress the immune system. It is beneficial for those people suffering from inflammatory medical conditions, like autoimmune disorders (e.g., Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis).
Because these diseases are caused by overactivity of the immune system, CBD oil can help reduce inflammation to relieve the signs and symptoms, boosting the immune system. According to Dr. Jordan Tishler, microdosing or small doses of cannabinoids can improve mood and reduce stress, which can significantly influence immune system function.
Quality CBD oil can help you attain and maintain health and wellness. Whether you’re suffering from acute or chronic pain, sleep problems, or signs and symptoms of inflammation, CBD is a great aid or alternative treatment over traditional medicines and medical interventions.
Keeping a bottle of CBD oil available in your kitchen or bag can help you easily take your daily CBD dose for a healthier and happier you.
Did you know that you can also buy CBD vape pens? It’s also an option worth exploring.
Watch this space for updates in the Opinion category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
To stay in the loop, subscribe to our Newsletter.
Alternatively, feel free to check out our Featured Posts or scroll down to view posts related to this one.
If you live in South Africa and you're looking for a live music gig or music festival to attend, feel free to check The SA Gig Guide on our sister site (SA Music Zone).
You're also welcome to feed your brain some knowledge on our other sister site, (Interesting Facts).