Different digital marketing channels can help you reach a wider audience, increase sales, and establish trust. You need to use these channels for better customer experience and better business outcomes. Whenever you use these channels, you can increase brand awareness, communicate with your customers, answer their questions, and boost your social presence.
However, not all digital marketing platforms are appropriate for all of your company’s goals. Some are better suited to specific audiences, while others are built differently based on their purposes. As a result, you must first determine which digital marketing channels you need to utilize, and then put best practices in place to attain a certain goal.
Here are 5 digital marketing channels your business needs for success
1. Social Media
Social media is one of the most important channels in digital marketing, as you establish customer relationships with this channel. It’s essential to open accounts on platforms where your customers are more active on. Through social media, you build personal relationships and engage your customers by telling them more about how you can make their life better. When you understand the interests and needs of your clients, you need to take time building relationships.
Social media marketing is one of the most productive digital marketing services you can get as it is the first step in engaging more customers in our digital-centric world. What can you get with social media?
- You can expect to create a relationship with your brand’s followers, using social media. You can put some stories and create polls to know more about your customer preferences and interests.
- You show that you are reputable with social media since when you post carousels, videos, educational posts, and share blog links, you emphasize that you have a sufficient level of knowledge and expertise in your industry.
- Social media posts are simple to spread, creating opportunities for word-of-mouth marketing that can help you expand your audience.
- You engage new customers and drive traffic to your website with social media as people know about you more with this channel.
- And you improve your business as you get feedback from your customers.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is essential for ranking higher on search engines as this increases your brand awareness because people know more about your business when they see your website on the first page of search results. People won’t be able to buy your products or use your services if they don’t know about your business.
SEO will help you boost your brand visibility, consequently, increase conversion rates. It includes link building, optimizing content, keyword research, etc. So, when it comes to digital marketing, how can SEO help your business?
- Since people primarily use search engines to get information while shopping for products or services, consistently publishing high-quality and well-optimized content can help you rise to the top of search results.
- You can receive backlinks from high-quality websites and increase domain authority.
- Through on-page (e.g. selecting the right keywords, writing meta descriptions) and off-page optimization (e.g. link building, guest posting), you can get higher rankings and show that you are an expert in your industry.
- And local SEO can help people locate your business and make a purchase.
Email is another essential channel that you need to use for your business. Emails can help you employ the latest current trends in content marketing and this channel uses personalization and automation. According to 59% of B2B marketers, email marketing is the most effective revenue-generating channel. How can email help your business?
- As emails are sent directly to your customers, they can involve both branded and marketing content. It helps you drive traffic, increase conversion rates, and establish brand awareness.
- It’s one of the best ways to generate leads, as when you personalize your email, you build trust and establish a relationship to make your customers buy.
- The return on investment for email marketing was $42 for every $1 invested in 2022. It’s gone up to $45 for every $1 invested (in 2023). It generates high ROI which is definitely beneficial for your business.
4. Video Marketing
Users spend 88% more time on a video-rich website. Videos not only educate but also entertain the viewers. Through videos, you can teach your customers about your product and services and tell them how those services will help them solve an issue. So, when it comes to digital marketing, how can video marketing help your business?
- Through videos, you can ensure that people will watch, like, share, and post your content more enthusiastically.
- There will be more engagement as people prefer watching videos more than reading something.
- It will be attention-grabbing content.
- People get to know your business “personality” even better with videos.
- You can increase traffic and bump up the conversions as people enjoy websites that have videos.
5. Paid Search
At first, paid search may appear to have no chance of delivering a return on investment. Unlike SEO where you find people organically, paid search requires to pay for each click. The key distinction between organic and paid search strategies is that paid search requires you to pay for multiple different things. This covers every ad, including every visit, display, and conversion. How can paid search help your business?
- Google’s pay-per-click ads have the highest return on investment (ROI) of 200%.
- You can have complete control over your budget, ad placements, and targeting with pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
- Organic growth is crucial for creating a long-term brand, but there are occasions when more immediate results are required and PPC does that work.
- PPC advertising helps you reach the right people at the right time when they look for what you sell.
Pro Tip: Keep in mind that without content marketing, none of these five channels will produce results, as content is the core of all your success. Social media includes posting content that grabs people’s attention, SEO is about optimizing website content with the right keywords, as well as blogging and guest posting, video marketing cannot work without high-quality content, email has to have appealing, concise, and to-the-point content and paid search cannot work without strategic and targeted content. Content, content, content — it’s everywhere.
Now you know about the top 5 essential digital marketing channels that you need to use for growing your business. Look through our checklist once more and hit the home run!
Watch this space for updates in the Hacks category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
To stay in the loop, subscribe to our Newsletter.
Alternatively, feel free to check out our Featured Posts or scroll down to view posts related to this one.
If you live in South Africa and you're looking for a live music gig or music festival to attend, feel free to check The SA Gig Guide on our sister site (SA Music Zone).
You're also welcome to feed your brain some knowledge on our other sister site, (Interesting Facts).