The most critical step to increase the sales and traffic to your online ecommerce website is to ensure your ecommerce SEO is going the right way. There are many guides online to teach you tutorials on ecommerce website optimization; however, this post will give you brief and most effective tips to boost your ecommerce SEO to address the needs of your clients. That includes having a basic understanding of on-site search engine optimization specifically for ecommerce websites. These tips will be enough to get you started for SEO success on your ecommerce site.
What is Ecommerce SEO?
Before getting into the strategies to boost ecommerce SEO, let us first know what ecommerce SEO is. Since people are always searching on Google for the products the love and need, ecommerce SEO comes into play for helping marketers optimizing their website content including the headings, meta data, and product descriptions. Ecommerce SEO includes many activates such as optimizing the home page, about page, FAQs page, and blogs page.
The first thing you need to do for ecommerce SEO is to create a list of appropriate keywords for all the WebPages you have on the website such as the home page, about page, and services pages. You can use tools like Ubersuggest for searching vital long-tail keywords.
The Significance of Ecommerce SEO in 2020
So now that you have an idea about what is ecommerce SEO, you can perform many strategies to boost your ecommerce websites. Customers are always looking for options and comparisons on the internet to help the make the best purchase decisions. However, if your website is not showing in the search engine results page SERP, your ecommerce customers will never be able to find you.
This is where the role of ecommerce SEO starts for marketers. It offers them a great way to improve their target audience’s reach and also avoid paying huge money for promoting ads. Your products may have a great potential to sell on the internet, however, they must also be searchable by millions to make any impact on sales.
However, the most important thing to understand is that if you only optimize your website for reaching people, you are not doing justice to your company. SEO for ecommerce addresses the first hurdle to acquiring new customers: getting people to your site.
Developing an Ecommerce Strategy
Ecommerce SEO may look like a complex task in the beginning; especially, if your ecommerce site is populated with dozens of flashy items. This is why you need an effective strategy for ecommerce SEO.
Keep the following things in mind:
1. Prioritize your pages on your site to get better traffic. For example, if you want people to focus on that specific page to apply the optimization strategies.
2. Create a workflow of SEO tasks and activities because there will be lot you need to do including choosing keywords, adding meta descriptions, naming your images, and adding image alternate attributes.
3. Always check out the competition because you always do SEO to outsmart the competition.
Follow through the conversion rate optimization CRO.
Best Strategies for Ecommerce SEO
Now let us go through some of the most effective strategies to improve your ecommerce SEO. Do the following strictly:
1. Do not overload the product titles and descriptions with your keywords; however, they need to be present in the SEO strategy.
2. Always mention your primary keywords in the product headlines, descriptions, Meta descriptions, and subheadings. These keywords are helpful for Google to understand the context of your website.
3. Thoroughly analyze the keywords search volume using right tools keeping in mind the user’s intent. That will let you know how often people are searching for that keyword and how competitive it is compared to other keywords.
4. CPC provides you insights on how much people pay per click; a high CPC tells you that the competition is high. So if you are using competitive keywords, consider finding long-tail alternative keywords.
5. The user intent is the most important element of SEO research in 2020 because Google it helps to find out what people are typing in the search bar and for what intent? So if a person is finding information regarding website development services in Malaysia does him intent to develop a website or want to refer the site to a friend?
6. Perform a competitive research; your competitor’s website is the best place to find out where you stand in terms of ecommerce optimization. Their websites can reveal many secrets you can use to improve your own ecommerce site. Moz browser extension helps to observe the SEO description and titles of your competitors. SEMRush can also provide you keywords of your competitors.
Using the above tips and tricks can help to get started with ecommerce SEO and give you an edge over your competitors. It is also paramount to get quality Ecommerce Store Development service as well. Professional Shopify web development expert will setup your store perfect to get optimized quickly.
Watch this space for updates in the Technology category on Running Wolf’s Rant.