Great News! Ed Sheeran is delighted to announce his first-ever tour in South Africa which will take place throughout March 2019!
Ed continues his rise as one of the world’s most successful and talented musical talents. Selling-out stadiums across the globe, Ed recently finished his native UK run including four sold-out nights at London’s Wembley Stadium – the troubadour sold over 1.1 million tickets in the UK alone, marking one of the biggest tours the UK has ever seen!
Earlier this year, Ed Sheeran was announced as the IFPI’s best-selling global recording artist of 2017 after the release of his record-breaking, third studio album ÷ (pronounced “divide”) last March – the LP has now sold over 15 million copies across the globe! ÷ spawned Ed’s monster hit singles “Shape of You” – the 3rd biggest-selling single of all time in the UK and most-streamed track of Spotify, ever – “Castle on the Hill”, “Galway Girl” and “Perfect”.
A songwriter of a generation, Ed was awarded a MBE for his services to music and charity at the end of 2017 and last month, Ed took home two prestigious Ivor Novello Awards for ‘Songwriter of the Year’ and ‘Most Performed Work’ for his monster hit “Shape of You”. To date, Ed has won 5 x BRIT Awards, 4 x Ivor Novello’s, 4 x Grammy’s, 6 x Billboard Music Awards and many more.
Ed Sheeran 2019 South African Tour Dates:
- 23 March 2018 – FNB Stadium, Johannesburg
- 24 March 2018 – FNB Stadium, Johannesburg
- 27 March 2018 – Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town
This tour is presented by AEG and Big Concerts. For more info, visit the Big Concerts website. Tickets for the Johannesburg show will go on sale on Thursday the 28th of June and tickets for the Cape Town show will go on sale on Friday the 29th of June on the Computicket website
Important Ed Sheeran ticketing information:
- Tickets can only be purchased from Computicket, are not transferable and cannot be resold or offered for resale.
- Tickets purchased from third party websites and unauthorized resellers are not valid for entry at the venues.
- Children under the age of 12 or under 1.2m in height are not allowed in Front Zone Standing or General Admission standing area for their own safety.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and no children under the age of 3 are allowed to attend the event.
- Tickets will only be available for collection from Computicket outlets 3 weeks before the event. The following items need to be presented: The booking confirmation, the credit card used for purchase and shown on the booking confirmation, or a photo or photocopy of it and a valid photo ID matching the customer name on the booking confirmation.
- To gain admission to the venue you will need the following items: The ticket(s), the booking confirmation, the credit card used for the purchase, or a photo or photocopy of it and a valid photo ID matching the customer name on the booking confirmation.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf’s Rant