FAME Week Africa has carved its place as the pre-eminent event for African creatives, providing a platform for their deep-rooted talent; their ancient and contemporary stories; and their ingrained culture to flourish.
By bringing together collaborative events focusing on the major creative economies – these being film, television, animation as well as music and entertainment technology – FWA delivers an event unlike any other, with opportunities that reach way beyond the pulse of this ancient continent to the collective sister- and brotherhood of the world.
Event Director of FAME Week Africa Martin Hiller comments
“Without creating a mega spoiler alert. we have among our esteemed speakers Emmy Award winners, Grammy winners and an Oscar nominee. Importantly, every speaker and attendee is a vital part of our industries’ galaxy, and everyone you meet here offers opportunity for all parties.”
From the Cape Town International Animation Festival (CTIAF), stars include notable storytellers, artists and creatives, all with novel, enticing tales to tell.
With animation soaring to new heights in the film and television industry, both the speaker sessions and the audience will provide a must-see sequence of innovations. Some 24 leading animation industry players will deep-dive into an exciting, growing industry.
Through keynotes, round table discussions, market intelligence, case studies, fireside chats and workshops, MIP Africa aims to develop creative possibilities with skills-sharing in “How They Did It’ sessions, where industry luminaries share their path to success and provide key takeaways around the African and global content arena.
This is where music industry people meet, learn, share, talk, listen, discover and dance under the African sky. ocussing on the core music business (labels, publishers, rights societies and more); the technology sector (start-ups, developers and big tech companies); brands and the agencies that represent them, Muziki Africa will you put you face-to-face with the people, content and ideas to enhance your opportunities and mobilize you to reach higher than you ever have.
Top 12 Speakers not to miss at FAME Week Africa
1. Ava Hall Head of Content and Brand at The Africa Channel. Topic: From Africa to the World: Talent Development and the Exporting of African Content.
2. Ayanna Lonian: Director of Content acquisition and head of Worldwide Major Studio Licensing Strategy: Amazon Prime Video. Topic: From Africa to the World: Talent Development and the Exporting of African Content.
3. Chrissy Metge: Emmy award nominated executive producer. Topic: Creating Entergalactic.
4. Zakes Bantwini: Singer, record producer and businessman. Topic: In Conversation with Grammy-Award winner, Zakes Bantwini
5, Monde Twala: senior vice president of editorial and general manager: Paramount Africa and Lead, BET International. Topic: Shaping the Future: The Next Chapter for Film and TV in Africa.
6. Denim Richards: chief executive officer of Khumo Studios. Topic: Cracking the Code: Understanding the African Market for International Television and Film Content.
7. Dorothy Ghettuba: Netflix Director of Local Language Series, Africa. Topic: See What’s Next on Netflix – a discussion on the future of African storytelling with Netflix & local filmmakers.
8. Gennie Rim: award winning animation producer and Oscar Nominee. Topic: Behind the Success: My Path in Animation.
9. Lala Tuku : Multi-hyphenated creative industry practitioner and SABC head of Content and Local Production. Topic: Celebrating Excellence: The Significance of Music Awards in Showcasing African Talent.
10. Mehret Mandefro: Emmy-nominated producer, writer, COO, TBTM studios, co-founder of Truth Aid Media. Topic: Realness Institute: Episodic Pitches.
11. Sheli Masondo: Costume designer and stylist, Topic: Threads of Majesty: Unveiling the Artistry of Costume Design for Shaka Ilembe.
12. Wouter Kellerman: Grammy winning flutist, composer and producer. Topic: Celebrating Excellence: The Significance of Music Awards in Showcasing African Talent.
With Host City Cape Town, Guest Country Canada and Super Sponsor DSTV supported by iconic industry players like BBC, Rapid Blue, FilmFreeway, miptv, The Music Arena, Women in Music South Africa, Bridges Academy, MusicAfrica.net, EarCandy, CTICC, and a host of names from every sector that makes entertainment rock, in 2023 you can expect the unexpected!
Watch this space for updates in the Events category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
To stay in the loop, subscribe to our Newsletter.
Alternatively, feel free to check out our Featured Posts or scroll down to view posts related to this one.
If you live in South Africa and you're looking for a live music gig or music festival to attend, feel free to check The SA Gig Guide on our sister site (SA Music Zone).
You're also welcome to feed your brain some knowledge on our other sister site, (Interesting Facts).