Game of Thrones Season 8 will air on the 14th of April 2019. This was announced by HBO in a trailer that was released yesterday.
The trailer features Jon Snow, Arya Stark and Sansa Stark. They are seen walking through the crypts of Winterfell.
The great news is that we can finally start counting down the days. In case you’re not good at math, there are 83 days left before the show airs on HBO. It should be available DSTV Catchup the next day (15 April 2019) in South Africa.
Here are 10 things that what we know about Game of Thrones Season 8 so far:
1. There will be only 6 episodes.
2. The episodes will have an average running time of 80-90 minutes.
3. Rumor has it that each episode cost about $15 million to produce.
4. Variety has claimed that some of the main characters all got $500,000 per episode.
5. David Nutter (the director that brought us the “The Red Wedding” episode) is directing 3 episodes of Game of Thrones Season 8.
6. Miguel Sapochnik (the director that brought us the “Battle of the Bastards” episode) is directing 2 episodes.
7. It’s going to be rough ride, with twists, turns and suprises…
This is what co-producer Bryan Cogman had to say about it:
“It’s about all of these disparate characters coming together to face a common enemy, dealing with their own past, and defining the person they want to be in the face of certain death.
It’s an incredibly emotional, haunting, bittersweet final season and I think it honours very much what [author George RR Martin] set out to do – which is flipping this kind of story on its head.”
8. Each episode had a turnaround time of +/- 4 months. (So, that’s why we’ve had to wait for so long).
9. The first episode will take place at Winterfell. According to Entertainment Weekly the premiere will feature a few reunions of characters with messy histories and a few first time introductions for others
10. This is the last season of Game of Thrones, but there are various prequels are in the early development stage. That doesn’t mean that all of them will be turned into TV shows. That fact is still uncertain.
Feeling excited? Check out the teaser trailer below:
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m extremely excited to watch what will probably be the television event of 2019 in April. Does anyone possibly have a time machine that can fast forward time? Please send it my way if you do.
Watch this space for updates in the Television category on Running Wolf’s Rant.