Great news! Cape Town Acoustic Folk-Rock Band Hatchetman have announced dates for their South African East Coast Tour.
This Trio combine their prodigious musical and vocal talents to form Hatchetman, a band that, as the name suggests, cuts straight to the heart with songs on life, love, and most things in between. Their soaring harmonies and searing dynamism in the musical accompaniment has brought many a person to tears.
The honesty, and a willingness to explore the darker and more tender sides of the human condition, as well as a very personal and human presentation of the same, sets the band apart from many of their contemporaries.
Lyrical topics range from heartbreak to a rumination of the multifaceted nature of Cape Town, while musically, the band meets somewhere between folk, rock, funk and acoustically inclined sounds, all delicately underpinned by the powerful, yet gentle blend of three voices. “Three part harmony not heard since the days of Crosby, Stills and Nash ruling the airwaves!”
Here are the Hatchetman East Coast Tour dates:
- 29 June 2018 – Red Bridge brewery, Knysna
- 30 June 2018 Fairy Knowe backpackers, Wilderness
- 1 July 2018 – Blend country restaurant and pub, Knysna
- 2 July 2018 – Surf Café, Plettenburg Bay
- 3 July 2018 – Thomas Pringle, Grahamstown Arts Festival
- 4 July 2018 – Thomas Pringle, Grahamstown Arts Festival
- 5 July 2018 – Thomas Pringle, Grahamstown Arts Festival
- 6 July 2018 – Thomas Pringle, Grahamstown Arts Festival
- 7 July 2018 – Music Kitchen, Port Elizabeth
If you’re not familiar with them, check out their live performance of their song “Slow Down” below:
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.