Starting this December, Inverroche will host a series of summer concerts at their Stilbaai distillery featuring two great South African artists per show. At their newly-built outdoor concert area, Inverroche will be making every concert a “double” this summer.
In case you did not know, Inverroche, the pioneers of craft gin in South Africa. The first Summer Concert will take place on 17 December. Prime Circle and Wonderboom setting the scene for a sizzling Stilbaai summer. In total, 12 concerts will run through the summer. The final show taking place on 4 January 2019.
Inverroche will be releasing five limited edition gins in collaboration with five of the artists:
A single batch of approximately 1200 bottles per artists will be distilled in “Meg”, Inverroche’s trusted copper potstill and each bottle will be filled, labelled and numbered by hand and co-created by each artist.
The limited edition bottles will be on sale online. They will also be on sale at the distillery during the performance of the respective artist. The artists collaborating with Inverroche are Prime Circle, Watershed, Jeremy Loops, The Parlotones and Freshlyground.
The Southern Cape region of Stillbaai and its surrounds has recently been recognised as the birthplace of human creativity. The world’s oldest artwork was discovered at the Blombos Cave. The cave is actually not far from the Inverroche distillery.
The gin-makers have released Coco Carissa, a new gin in their “Creative Collection”. They’re doing this to highlight the creative connections – the region, the music of the artists and the creativity of Inverroche’s unique fynbos-infused gins.
For a Summer Concert and a gin distillery with a special twist, make sure you get to Stilbaai and Inverroche this December and January.
Here’s a full list of the concerts that will be happening:
- 17 December 2018: Prime Circle and Wonderboom
- 18 December 2018: Jeremy Loops and Bam Bam Brown
- 20 December 2018: Dan Patlansky and Jack Mantis Band
- 21 December 2018: Watershed and Opposite The Other
- 22 December 2018: Arno Carstens and Ard Matthews
- 23 December 2018: Freshlyground and Serrotone
- 26 December 2018: Jesse Clegg and Hot Water
- 27 December 2018: The Parlotones and Bed on Bricks
- 28 December 2018: Matthew Mole and Sean Koch
- 30 December 2018: Refentse and Mr Cat and the Jackal
- 2 January 2019: Jimmy Nevis and Josh Wantie
- 4 January 2019: Desmond and the Tutus and Native Young
For more info, check out the Inverroche website.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.