Today I’m giving you some Jack Nicholson Quotes. In case you did not know, he’s a veteran Hollywood actor. Nicholson was born in 1937 in New Jersey in the United States. He’s been appearing on TV shows and in movies since 1958. Over the years he’s won 3 Oscars for Best Actor. 1 in 1976 for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, 1 in 1984 for Terms of Endearment and 1 in 1998 for As Good As it Gets.
He’s starred in tons of films, including Chinatown In 1974, The Shining in 1980, Batman in 1989, A Few Good Men in 1992, Hoffa in 1992, Wolf in 1994, About Schmidt in 2002, Anger Management in 2003, Something’s Gotta Give, The Departed in 2006 and The Bucket List in 2007.
He is renowned for his often dark-themed portrayals of neurotic characters. He is definately one of my favorite actors of all time. Over the years Jack Nicholson has received 12 Oscar nominations (8 for Best Actor and 4 for Best Supporting Actor) earning him the title as the most nominated male actor in Academy Awards history. He turned 80 in 2017 and is still acting, that’s truly impressive.
Over the years Jack Nicholson has said some interesting things. If you don’t believe me, scroll down
Here are a few quotes from Jack Nicholson:
1. “Frankly, I got into the movies because I like the movies a lot.”
2. “I don’t have any fear of intimacy, but rather thrive on it, which is rare in a public person.”
3. “I know I can act. There aren’t too many other jobs I know how to do.”
4. “I only take Viagra when I’m with more than one woman. ”
5. “I sort of understood that when I first started: that you shouldn’t repeat a success. Very often you’re going to, and maybe the first time you do, it works. And you love it. But then you’re trapped.”
6. “I used to think that one of the great signs of security was the ability to just walk away.”
7. “I’ll tell you one thing: Don’t ever give anybody your best advice, because they’re not going to follow it.”
8. “I’m an actor who they said was wrinkled and balding and everything else when I was in my early 30’s. Most of the people who wrote that who thought they were younger than me are now bald and wrinkled.”
9. “I’ve never been able to say I’ve been influenced by a list of artists I like because I like thousands and thousands and I’ve been influenced in some way by all of them.”
10. “It’s a slight stretch of the imagination but most people are alike in most ways so I’ve never had any trouble identifying with the character that I’m playing.”
11. “People who speak in metaphors should shampoo my crotch.”
12. “There’s only two people in your life you should lie to… the police and your girlfriend.”
13. “Well, a younger woman is a type, but not necessarily a type for me. And what is a younger woman? I mean, I’m pretty old. Almost everyone is younger.”
14. “When I was in high school, I earned the pimple award and every other gross-out award.”
15. “With my sunglasses on, I’m Jack Nicholson. Without them, I’m fat and 60.”
16. “My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch”
17. “Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But remember, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.”
18. “If you suck on a tit the movie gets an R rating. If you hack the tit off with an axe it will be PG.”
19. “Our generation are the new old. I remember what someone of 60 looked like when I was a kid. They didn’t look like me.”
20. “A question you always ask in acting is, Where were you going if this scene didn`t interrupt the movements of the character?”
21. “Star quality is if you`re on stage and a cat walks on and they still watch you.”
22. “So I mean it when I say that if you can`t appreciate Brando, I wouldn`t know how to talk to you. If there`s anything obvious in life, this is it. Other actors don`t go around discussing who is the best actor in the world, because it`s obvious – Marlon Brando is.”
23. “The average celebrity meets, in one year, ten times the amount of people that the average person meets in his entire life.”
Well, there you have, some quotes from Jack Nicholson. If there’s another one that I should add here, please leave a comment below.
Watch this space for updates in the Quotes category on Running Wolf’s Rant.