JARR Bar is an exciting bar / restaurant / live music venue in Pretoria. This fine establishment opened its doors in the last quarter of 2018 and its one of my favourite hang-outs in the capital city.
Here are 7 things you should know beforehand:
- JARR Bar & Restaurant is located at 102 Ripley Street in Weavind Park, Pretoria
- The JARR part of the name is short for “Just a Rock ‘n Roll”.
- Wednesday nights are quiz nights. The fun starts at 7 PM.
- Live Music happens on Friday / Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons
- JARR Bar & Restaurant has lekker drink and food specials, so keep an eye on their Facebook page.
- It’s a tiny venue, so you can expect an intimate live music experience.
- If you want to book a table, please call 064 663 5197.
JARR Bar & Restaurant Artist line-up for February 2019:
- 1 February @ 8 PM – Valiant Swart – R120 cover charge
- 3 February @ 2 PM – Andre Kriel (The Black Cat Bones) – R80 cover charge
- 9 February @ 8 PM – Vagabond King – Free Entrance
- 10 February @ 2 PM – Jan Blohm & Band – R150 cover charge
- 16 February @ 8 PM – Heidi Kriel – R60 cover charge
- 17 February @ 2 PM – The Good Doctors Beetle (presented by the SA Blues Society) – R60 cover charge
- 21 February – Jan Blohm Acoustic – R150 cover charge
- 22 February @ 8 PM – Black Water – R60 cover charge
- 24 February @ 2 PM – Tim Parr featuring Penny Levi – R80 cover charge.
I’m excited to see Jan Blohm live on the 10th of February. It’s been a while since I’ve watched him live. It’s also great to note that Tim Parr will be performing on my birthday, so I’m definitely considering to pull in on that day.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf’s Rant