In case you didn’t know, Josh Middleton is a 15 year old singer, songwriter from South Africa. With an ear for music and pure passion for performing, he has been singing since the mere age of 5.
He has performed at many prestigious events around the country. Some of which include The Lyric Theatre and South African State Theatre. At age 8 he was even given the opportunity to perform at the Western Bonaventure in Los Angeles, California in the USA. His music video for “Monster” has reached more than 100,000 views on YouTube.
Curious to find out more about him? Here are 10 facts you didn’t know about Josh Middleton:
1. Through the writing process of his debut album “Never Give Up,” he wrote about 50 tracks of which only 13 were recorded and produced. He then decided at the last minute to hold back 3 unknown tracks for another project in the future. This left him with the 10 tracks on “Never Give Up.”
2. He originally started covering songs on YouTube and recently released 3 “throwback” covers which ended up going viral on Instagram, all together they have grossed 3 million views on the platform.
3. His producer Crighton Goodwill has produced for the likes of Jason Derulo, Shekhinah, AKA and even Danny K.
4. He recently lost over 15 kilograms in preparation for upcoming gigs.
5. He’s an uncle. His nephew, Kayden-Lee, is only 1 years old. There’s a 17 year gap between him and his sister, Andy, so this was bound to happen.
6. He lives on the same street as Bonang Matheba.
7. His local hangout is Mall Of Africa and Sandton City
8. He likes to play his songs on Uber trips to see if the Uber drivers recognize him.
9. His favourite car brand is Lamborghini.
10. He is addicted to Sushi.
Well, there you have it, 10 facts you didn’t know about Josh Middleton. He released his debut album, “Never Give Up” in October 2018. Click here to buy it on iTunes. It’s also available on all major streaming platforms if you want to listen to it.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf’s Rant