Great news! The Tazers released their 2nd EP today! Love Machine is the highly anticipated follow up to Time Machine and sees the band skilfully expand their psychedelic rock & roll repertoire.
The EP features the critically acclaimed debut single “Shake It”. This song with its catchy melodies, cheeky lyrics & blues driven grooves has already reached airwaves on national radio stations and on internet based radio stations like The Grind Radio. It’s a wild, frenetic, but deeply rhythmic track that sees the band briefly revisit their musical origins.
The second single “Wake Up” made its debut on 5FM’s ‘Hamman Time’ morning show and features dreamy vocals sprinkled in delayed guitars & rhythmic bass lines that naturally transforms into a crunchy, yet phased out chorus straight out of the 70’s. Love Machine stands as a definitive move for the band, informing listeners of a certain new approach to songwriting that seeks to continue inviting the very movement The Tazers live dynamic always delivers.
I have to admit that I’m really impressed by their latest release and I’m really looking forward to seeing them live again. Have a listen to Love Machine EP below:
If you haven’t seen The Tazers live yet, do yourself a musical favour and catch them in a city / town or at a festival near you soon:
- 3 March 2017 – The Good Luck Bar, Johannesburg
- 4 March 2017 – Thrashers Skate Park, Pretoria
- 11 March 2017 – Highway Music Festival, Durban
- 19 March 2017 – Mieliepop Festival, Mpumalanga
- 30 March 2017 – Kitcheners, Johannesburg
- 1 April 2017 – Mercury, Cape Town
- 7 April 2017 – Pirates Sports Club, Johannesburg
- 8 April 2017 – The Winston Pub, Durban
- 15 April 2017 – Lush Festival, Free State
- 29 April 2017 – That 70’s Fest, Gauteng
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf’s Rant