Francois Van Coke had no idea what to expect when he released his self-titled debut album on the 8th of April last year. It turned out to be a year of unbounded success with numerous number ones, sold out shows, awards and shattered records left in its wake.
Exactly one year later Francois is proud to present his fifth solo music video, featuring his childhood hero, Arno Carstens and directed by his Fokofpolisiekar bandmate Hunter Kennedy. “Ek Weet Nie” is one of the best tracks off his solo album and the video is pretty damn amazing.
“Ek Weet Nie” is an artistic visual feast that portrays Francois’ gripping ode to uncertainty and our shared eternal search for identity. “Ek raak ouer, maar die oplossing kom nog nie.” (“I’m getting older, but I still don’t have the answers.”). Special thanks to Photo Hire, Jägermeister, Scar Hair and SAE Institute South Africa for their support. Check out the video below:
This is definitely one of the best music videos that I’ve seen in the last few years. I hope it gets the recognition that it deserves. Here’s a list of everyone involved in this video. If you see any of them, give them a high five:
- Director & Art director: Hunter Kennedy
- Cinematographer & Additional VFX: Loedi Van Renen
- D.I.T & technical assistant: Wez Ferreira
- Editing, Visual FX & colourist: Nathan Fourie
- Make up & SFX make up: Merlize Du Toit
- Hair: Jennie Smit from Scar Hair
- Technical Assistant: Hannes Benade
- On-set assistants: Brett Rayner, Nicholas Loupis, Joshua Ward, Jo-Mari De Klerk and Orosun Olanrewaju
- Models: Thami Siyo, Sarah Loots, Vicky Lawrence
Catch Francois Van Coke live at one of these shows in April in a city / town near you:
- 15 April 2016 – InnieVallei Fees, Mountain Mill Amphitheatre, Worcester
- 24 April 2016 – The Village Idiot, Cape Town
- 26 April 2016 – Fires Restaurant & Pub, Rustenburg
- 28 April 2016 – Mystic Boer, Potchefstroom
- 29 April 2016 – Firkin, Centurion
- 30 April 2016 – Wiesbaden, Bain’s Vlei, Free State
Watch this space for regular updates in the music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf’s Rant