In case you forgot, Oppikoppi Nomakanjani is happening from 9 to 11 August 2018 and the line-up is already looking amazing. If you don’t believe me, check out the first batch and second batch of artists that have already been announced.
This year will be the 24th time that Oppikoppi will be held on the now infamous farm (which is located 12 km from Northam in the Limpopo province) and this edition of the festival promises to be one of the best ones since its inception in 1994.
Many of you reading this article are most likely very excited about attending this year’s festival and if you’re one of those Oppikoppi pilgrims, I’ve got great news for you…
Howl for Henno and stand a chance to win a double ticket to Oppikoppi Nomakanjani
All you need to do to stand a chance to win a double ticket is:
- Record a video of you channeling your inner Running Wolf and howling for Henno (yes, that’s me) on your phone / tablet / camera / video recording device.
- Post the video on YouTube, Facebook or Twitter and use the following format for the title of the video: “I am channeling my inner Running Wolf to stand a chance to win tickets to Oppikoppi 2018 #HowlForHenno #OK24Nomakanjani” (if there are more than one of you in the video, substitute “I am” with “We are”.
- If you are posting the video on Twitter mention @oppikoppi in your tweet (where the “Oppikoppi” part is) and @rwrant at the end of your tweet. Post the link to your tweet in the comment section below (just in case we miss it on our Twitter feed).
- If you are posting the video on Facebook, tag Running Wolf’s Rant and Oppikoppi Festival on the video. To make sure that we don’t miss your video, post the link to the video in the comment section below.
- If you are posting the video on YouTube, post the link to the video in the comment section below so we can find it.
Here are the competition rules:
- This competition is NOT open to under 18’s.
- Only one video per competition entry allowed.
- This competition closes on Thursday the 21th of June 2018 at midnight.
- The winner will be announced in the comment section below, on our Twitter account and on our Facebook page the next morning (on the 22nd of June 2018).
Here are some competition guidelines:
- Get creative. A boring howl won’t wake me up.
- Try to keep your video below 2 minutes.
- No growling allowed, we don’t need angry wolves at Oppikoppi. Growling might upset phleki and you don’t want to do that…
I will be making my way to my 20th Oppikoppi festival this year. Over the years I’ve watched so many memorable acts performing on the stages at the festival and I’ve heard and seen many interesting things and a lot of them are posted right here on Running Wolf’s Rant. If you would like to draw inspiration for the #HowlForHenno #OK24Nomakanjani competition, click here to read through them.
Good luck! I can’t wait to see what you folks get up to stand a chance to win tickets to Oppikoppi Nomakanjani!
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.