Any coder in the world will strongly advocate for Python; it is considered the best and approved coding language to help elevate your career. Most of the biggest websites in the world use Python, and the skills will come handy in the job market.
There are basic things that you need to understand before using this programming language:
1. Front-End Vs. Back-End
The back-end is what happens behind the scenes. You cannot see it, and it instructs the website what to do and queries data. Some of the back –end coding languages included Ruby, Python, Java, and PHP.
2. Know the Uses
You need to know what you can do with it. Some of the functions include data analysis, API data assessment, machine learning, back-end websites, and some automated repetitive tasks. Different companies or entities use Python for various purposes.
Ensure that you install on your PC or Mac. Some devices, like Apple computers, come pre-installed with Python 2. It may seem a tedious process, but it is not.
4. Python 2 vs Python 3
These are the major versions. Python 2 is considered legacy, and Python 3 in the future. You need to know which one you are the best for you’re before learning it. Python 2 is the older version, and most people use it. Python is an upgrade and maybe hard in transition.
5. Know the Jobs for Developers
Before learning the language, you need to know if it will benefit you in your career. Learning Python has other options other than being a Python Developer.
When you are aware of the basics, you will know the download sites, installation process, and the benefits. It is essential to know about the advantages and the disadvantages of the language to be Python masters.
1. It’s considered a more straightforward language to learn. You need to master several keywords, any defined syntax, and simple structure. With these tips, it will be easier to learn.
2. It’s easy to read. There is extensive use of whitespace; that is the reason it is clearly defined.
3. When it comes to productivity, it’s considered the best since it is simpler and faster to write.
4. It offers a better interactive platform for both code testing and debugging.
5. It covers more than 200 library modules and has classes with a broader programming task and variety.
6. It’s compatible with other operating systems like Mac OSX, Linux, and Windows. It is an added advantage when you need to port across different platforms.
7. There is an option to add other low-level modules, and this helps in adding and customising other tools. Since it is embedded, it is more accessible to add a code like for different languages.
1. Since it’s interpretation, it tends to be slower in code executions. Sometimes that is not considered a problem when speed is not a factor determined in a project. The problem comes in when the rate is a contributing factor. What Python offers outweighs the speed limitation.
2. When it comes to mobile computing, it’s considered weak as compared to a desktop and other servers, and that is the reason fewer mobile devices use the applications.
3. It isn’t straightforward to use the language with other programming languages. Most of the experts will try to add semicolons or curly braces to meet the requirements.
Watch this space for updates in the Hacks category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
To stay in the loop, subscribe to our Newsletter.
Alternatively, feel free to check out our Featured Posts or scroll down to view posts related to this one.
If you live in South Africa and you're looking for a live music gig or music festival to attend, feel free to check The SA Gig Guide on our sister site (SA Music Zone).
You're also welcome to feed your brain some knowledge on our other sister site, (Interesting Facts).