Great news! Legendary South African rock band, Springbok Nude Girls, will release new music at the end of April 2018. During their successful and powerful nation-wide tour in 2017, the band found that their fans were as hungry as ever for their music. It felt like a natural progression to write new material.
“It is 10 years after our last album and 20 years since we wrote Blue Eyes; all signs, I guess. With a band like us who has been together for so long… when the feeling takes hold, you go with it. You never know if it’s your last. For us making an album these days is not about relevance or making some inflated statement. It’s about 5 guys doing what they do best and having too much fun with it. Hopefully the end result will reflect this.” Arno Carstens
The first single of 2018 will be Beautiful Evolution and can only be heard on a limited edition signed 7” vinyl (as part of an exclusive Beautiful Evolution VIP tour package including being a part of the music video, a meet and greet and more) or during the tour which kicks off at Chicky’s Yard in Port Elizabeth on 26th April.
This vinyl packs a punch with the savage sounding Best Friends, Best Enemies exploding onto the B-side. Only 60 of these vinyl will be made available to the public. Full details can be found at www.nudegirls.co.za. The digital release is set for middle May 2018. Springbok Nude Girls will go back to their roots and release their music independently.
The first single, Beautiful Evolution, is a driving anthem that examines the paradox of human progression and hypothesizes that to halt mortal degradation one must look to and take lessons from the past. It’s an ironic call to action:
“It’s a beautiful piece of evolution. So many problems with no solution. Be kind, be kind, be kinder than kind. Unwind.”
Details about the full length album will be announced later this year, but expect Springbok Nude Girls to be as unpolluted, powerful, real and rampant as ever. “The vibe I have gathered from this album is that it is unpretentiously light-hearted good fun, riddled with great energy with some punk undertones and, of course, some big Nude Girl classic rock songs.” Arno Carstens
Beautiful Evolution will be launched live at their 6-date nationwide tour:
- 26 April 2018 – Chicky’s Yard, Port Elizabeth – With special guests The Lucas Reunion and Latex Grenade. Tickets cost R150 at Computicket.
- 27 April 2018 – South Coast Bike Festival, Margate – Tickets are priced between R60 on R150 on Quicket.
- 30 April 2018 – Hillcrest Quarry, Durbanville – With special guests Lithium, Medicine Dolls and Latex Grenade. Tickets cost R150 on Webtickets.
- 4 May 2018 – District, Cape Town – With special guests Lithium, Stoker and Latex Grenade. Tickets cost R150 on Webtickets.
- 5 May 2018 – Carfax, Johannesburg – With special guests Pollinator, Cockles and Latex Grenade. Tickets cost R150 on Webtickets.
- 6 May 2018 – Rusty Hook, Johannesburg – With Jasper Dan and Latex Grenade. Tickets cost R150 on Webtickets.
The band is offering 60 x Exclusive VIP packages – 12 per show:
VIP Package (Admit 1 – R1000)
- The new single on a 1/75 collector’s item, numbered & signed 7# vinyl
- A VIP ticket with welcome drinks at the band’s sound check
- A private VIP performance of the new single at sound check
- A meet and greet with the band after sound check
- A VIP area at the show, where you will enjoy the performance with the band’s guests
- You will star in the band’s official Beautiful Evolution Fan Music Video. Your footage, filmed on your Smart Phone, during the build-up to the show and your experiences getting ready, getting there, first drinks, sound check, as well as your experiences at the show, will be edited into the Official Fan music video of the track and released on YouTube.
VIP Package (Per Couple – R1750): Same goodies as above.
Make sure that you follow Springbok Nude Girls on these platforms to stay updated:
Watch this space for regular updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
Blogger, Desktop Activist, Twitter / Facebook Addict, Music Festival Addict, Avid lover of South African music, Founder and owner of Running Wolf’s Rant