Great news fellow geeks! Stranger Things Season 3 will be released on Netflix on the 4th of July 2019! School is out, the pool is open and it’s the summer of 1985 in Hawkins, Indiana. Today Netflix released an official trailer.
Here’s what we know so far about Stranger Things Season 3:
1. The third season won’t pick up right where the second one left off. There’s going to be a time jump between seasons two and three (just like there was between season one and two). This is a logical move because the child actors are all growing up.
2. Stranger Things Season 3 will consist of eight episodes.
3. It’s going to be a smaller in scale. Matt Duffer has said that “It’s not necessarily going to be bigger in scale. What I am really excited about is giving these characters an interesting journey to go on.”
4. A lot of Stranger Things action will be going down at the brand new mall in Hawkins, Indiana.
5. The Mind Flayer will be back in Season 3. He was still in the Upside Down and seen looming over the Hawkins school as the winter dance was going on. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
6. It’s going to be the “grossest” and “most brutal” season yet. Ross Duffer has said that they were “inspired by John Carpenter’s The Thing.” He also mentioned that they were inspired by David Cronenberg and George Romero as well. They are going to pay homage to some of the horror masters they haven’t paid homage to yet.
7. There will be leftover storylines from Season 2.
8. Other “numbers” might be showing up in Season 3. We’ve already been introduced to “Eleven” and “Eight”. That can’t be the only two Hawkins laborotory kids who have numbers…
9. Cary Elwes (who appeared in The Princess Bride & Robin Hood: Men In Tights) and Jake Busey (who appeared in Tomcats) will be appearing in Season 3.
Check out the trailer for Stranger Things Season 3 below
Feeling excited yet? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Feedback is appreciated and welcome.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Television category on Running Wolf’s Rant.