The X-Men have always been some of my favorite comic book heroes. I remember watching the TV show when I was in high school during the mid nineties on Saturday mornings on K-TV (in South Africa). It was the perfect way to enhance my morning coffee and pap back in those days.
Today I’m featuring 10 Facts about the X-Men. I hope you find these facts interesting.
- The X-Men were created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby.
- They first appeared in a comic book in September 1963.
- Magneto was introduced in the first edition and the Brotherhood of Mutants in the fourth edition of the comic book.
- To date 5 movies have been released: X-Men (in 2000), X2 (in 2003), X-Men: The Last Stand (in 2006), X-Men Origins: Wolverine (in 2009), X-Men First Class (in 2011).
- Two movies are in the works: The Wolverine will be released later in 2013 and X-Men: Days of Future Past will be released in 2014.
- Mystique is Rogue’s adopted mother, Mystique is also Nightcrawler’s true biological mother. Which would make Rogue and Nightcrawler siblings in a sense.
- In the comics, Sabretooth is not Wolverine’s brother, they are not related in any way shape or form. They just hate each other’s guts.
- When he was first introduced in 1974, Wolverine’s costume was blue and yellow. It’s evolved quite a bit over time.
- Professor X is comically called “Wheels” once in the first movie.
- They first appeared on TV in 1966 in the Marvel Superheroes TV series. They also appeared in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981-82), Pryde of the X-Men (1989), X-Men (1992-1997), Spider-Man (1994-1998), Generation X (1996), X-Men Evolution (2000 – 2003), Wolverine and X-Men (2008-2009), The Super Hero Squad Show (2009 to present), Black Panther (2010), Marvel Anime: Wolverine (2011) and Marvel Anime: X-Men (2011).
I hope that you find these facts interesting. Use one of them the next time you’re out drinking with your friends and arguing about superheroes.
If you’ve found these facts interesting, feel free to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. Sharing is caring after all. Watch this space for regular updates in the Facts category on Running Wolf’s Rant.
PS: This post is part of the A-Z Blog Challenge that I have joined for April 2013.