Have you found yourself wondering, “if only there was a way I could spy on someone’s WhatsApp messages?” If your answer is yes then you are not alone. Whether it’s parents, spouse, friends or girlfriend and boyfriend, all are stuck on this desire. What if I tell you there are ways you can monitor someone’s WhatsApp? Even if you are not a pro, these WhatsApp monitoring techniques will help you big time.
You can even do this from a rural place as long as your computer or laptop is connected to the internet. This article recently written by Luke Pensworth will give you insights on which internet plan is best for rural areas. Think of it as a way for you to conveniently track your loved one’s messages on WhatsApp even if you’re away from city-life for a good amount of time.
Some of them are easy while others are a bit technical. Let’s explore 3 of the most used methods:
Method 1: Monitor with WhatsApp Web
It allows you to monitor all the messages sent and received only if the phone is connected to the internet. Other than this, you must have physical access to the target device. Here are the steps to begin with:
- Open WhatsApp from the target device and go to ‘Menu’ and then ‘WhatsApp Web”
- The QR scanner option will automatically open up.
- Open https://web.whatsapp.com/ on chrome or Firefox browser from your PC.
- Place the QR scanner from your phone on the QR code in your browser.
- This will give you access to their WhatsApp conversations, all the previous ones and the current ones.
This may not be the best way of monitoring someone’s WhatsApp conversations. If you accidentally read the WhatsApp messages, it will blow your cover as they will figure out from the blue ticks. The mobile version of WhatsApp has an option of ‘log out of the all browsers’. If the person logs out, then your monitoring session will end and you won’t be able to do anything about it. Moreover, it shows a notification on target phone that it is connected to WhatsApp Web.
Method 2: Snoop with MAC Address
MAC address refers to the Media Access Control address. It is a 12-digit unique character code assigned to each piece of hardware connected to the Wi-Fi. This method requires technical skills to successfully monitor the messages. Plus, before you use it, your Android phone must be rooted. MAC Address spoofing basically lets you run a copy of someone’s WhatsApp on your phone. You will need the target device to make the most out of this process.
- To begin with, you have to find the MAC address of the target device. Steps for android and iPhone differ. For Android: Go to settings >> About Phone >> Status >> Wi-Fi MAC address. For iPhone: Go to settings >> General >> About >> Wi-Fi address
- Once you have the MAC address, you have to replace your rooted Android phone’s MAC address with that of the target device. Click here to learn how to do that.
- As soon as you are done with replacing the MAC address, you must install WhatsApp in your phone.
- Provide the phone number of the target device. Make sure you have the target device with you as you will receive the code on that phone.
- You now have a perfect copy of the WhatsApp of the target device on your phone.
Method 3: Monitor with XNSPY
For those of you who are looking for a stealthy way to monitor someone’s WhatsApp messages, xnspy.com can be your perfect companion. This monitoring app for WhatsApp is easy to use. It lets you monitor not just the messages, but also the calls and the multimedia files sent and received. Apart from this, you can also check the date and time stamps as well as the number of the sender. You have to download and install XNSPY in the target device before monitoring the messages. It comes with 3 package plans, which you can choose as per requirement. Once you have made the purchase, you will receive a download URL along with the activation code and other details. The procedures for Android installation and iPhone installation differ. After you have installed this monitoring app for WhatsApp on the target device, follow the steps below:
- Log into your XNSPY control panel through PC or by using the XNSPY dashboard app
- Click on ‘Messenger’ on the left panel of the dashboard
- Click on ‘WhatsApp’ from the drop-down menu
- Conversations with all contacts will be displayed right in front of you
You can click on the name of the person to read all the sent and received messages. This process of remotely monitoring the conversations is simple and safe. The other person won’t even know they are being monitoring as the app works in stealth mode.
Whatever reason you want to snoop into someone’s WhatsApp, always use the safest method. It is recommended to stay in your moral boundaries while using this monitoring app. Do not go overboard with negative spying as it’s not a healthy activity.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Hacks category on Running Wolf’s Rant.