Robyn Ferguson is a passionate musician from South Africa who knows how to work hard and play hard! Known for her dynamic live performances and adept guitar skills with acts like Adorned in Ash and Sistas of Metal, this Prog Prodigy has been flying solo the past 2 years with 2 powerhouse releases now under her belt – the future looks bright! There’s probably a lot that you didn’t know about Robyn, but today I’m changing that.
Here are 10 interesting Robyn Ferguson facts you might not have known
1. Robyn Ferguson owns and rides a unicycle.
2. She can write with both hands, as well as mirror image.
3. Robyn thinks pop-up books are the coolest and she finds the art fascinating.
4. She does not drink coffee, but she loves tea.
5. Robyn Ferguson and her father once microwaved eggs that time travelled and appeared in the future #truestory
6. For fun she airbrushes and sculpts in her free time.
7. Sleep isn’t something Robyn gets much of.
8. There’s always something to learn each day and she tries to make that a highlight for herself.
9. Robyn is concerned that her friends call to speak with her cat (ZenCyan) more often than they call to speak with her.
10. Robyn is terrible at math
11. She accidentally inhaled a bug on stage a few years ago and suddenly had a whole new set of lyrics for the song they were playing. She is not sure what language it was, but it was a grand performance, even with bug breath and unsolicited choreography.
There you have, 10 facts you didn’t know about Robyn Ferguson. I hope that you’ve learned something today that you did not know before.
Great news is that she’s back with her new satellite EP called Harbinger (which will be released on the 1st of August 2020). This release is hot on the heels of her previous release, Falling Forward.
More info about Harbinger
It’s a two-track Satellite EP. The EP is a micro journey of a parallel timeline showing the complexities of choice and choosing.
Robyn Ferguson comments on the EP
“For every decision we make there’s another sheared off, launched to the parallel unknown. A consciousness lost and found in the siamese complexity of cause and effect. Inspired, written and recorded in isolation, Harbinger speaks of the alternative path, and calls to the “what if” in us all … I am, I am Harbinger!”
The EP will be available to stream / download on all major streaming platforms on the 1st of August 2020. Click here to pre-order / queue it.
Watch this space for updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.