Movavi Video Converter is useful when you need to convert videos for cloud storage. Today we explain how you can do this.
There are several risks associated with storing videos on the physical hard drive of your PC. Losing data and exceeding the hard drive capacity are some of them.
That is when the role of Cloud storage comes into play. Converting your videos to a simpler format sis the first step towards storing them on the Cloud. According to software engineering assignment help experts, Movavi Video Converter is the best resort for converting videos.
Your videos can be converted from MP4 to MOV, MOV to AVI, etc. Let’s check out how you can use the Movavi Video Converter to convert your videos to the specific format.
Converting Videos from MP4 to MOV using Movavi Video Converter
Remember, you can’t compress the videos without losing a considerable amount of quality. Here are some average results of how your video resolution may look like after using Movavi Video Converter.
|Video||Before Compression||After Compression|
|Movie||6.3 GB||3.75 GB|
|Short phone video||34 MB||16.5 MB|
|Clip||850 MB||190 MB|
Download the software on Windows or Mac. Follow the instructions displayed on your machine and install the software on your PC or laptop. Now check out the steps for converting videos using Movavi Video Converter.
Step 1: Add your videos
1. Double-click on the software to run it on your computer
2. Click the button that says ‘Add Media’ in the upper left corner of the software interface.
3. Click on the ‘Add Video’ option
4. A dialogue box will open. Pick the MP4 files you want to convert.
5. Click on ‘Open’
Be careful while you perform these steps. One petty error can cause all your effort to go down the drain. You can always consult with a technician if you are not that tech-savvy.
Step 2: Select the target preset
Now it’s time for you to choose the preset that suits your desired video resolution and codec. Here are the steps to select a preset for the videos.
1. Click on the ‘Video’ tab present in the lower part of the software interface
2. Open the MP4 group
3. You’ll find a wide slew of presets here. Choose the one that fits the codec and resolution of your video.
4. For example, MPEG-4 and H.264 codecs are present for your MP4 videos. People usually opt for the latter since it offers better compression.
5. You can see the original resolution of your file in the list of added files. For a high resolution, you must choose a preset with a lower resolution.
Let’s say you want to convert a 4K Ultra HD video using the Movavi Video Converter. In that case, the perfect presets for you would be MP4 H.264 – HD 720p. You can also click on the ‘Cogwheel’ button if you want to adjust the video resolutions manually on this software.
Step 3: Modify the bitrates value
This step is optional. You can implement it only if you want to optimise your video size and quality. Both the factors primarily depend on the bitrate. The ready-made presets on Movavi Video Converter usually cause the output video file to be smaller than the original. You can modify the bitrate if you want to compress the video even more.
The steps to modify the bitrates value are:
1. Click on the estimated output size on the added files list.
2. Set the desired output size value with the ‘File size’ slider
3. Finally, click on the ‘Convert Sample’ to get a look at how a converted file will look like.
Reduce the bitrate value manually with these steps. This may worsen the video quality whatsoever.
Step 4: Compress your MP4 files
All the setups have been done. Now it’s time for you to start compressing your MP4 video files. The steps to do so are:
1. Choose where your converted files should be stored. You can upload the converted videos from that location to the Cloud Storage.
2. Click on the ‘Save To’ button. You will find it at the bottom of the software interface.
3. Select the location on your PC/laptop where you want to save the file
4. If you wish, you can even let your converted files stay with the Movavi Library folder
5. Finally, when everything’s ready, click on the ‘Convert’ button
The target folder will open automatically with your converted files as soon as the processing is over.
Compressing MOV File Using An Movavi Video Converter
The MOV format is quite a popular video format for Apple users. If you tend to watch movies or record videos on your Mac, then your videos are most likely to have a .mov extension. Just like MP4, the quality of your MOV videos may also change after compression. The resolution will look something like this.
|Video||Before Compression||After Compression|
|Movie||12.5 GB||6.5 GB|
|Short phone videos||20 MB||10 MB|
|Clips||325 MB||160 MB|
The steps for compressing your MOV file using the Movavi Video Converter are as follows.
Step 1: Add the files
Launch the software and then run it on your PC.
1. Open the menu that says ‘Add Media.’
2. Click on the ‘Add Video’ option
3. Choose the MOV files you want to compress and click on ‘Open.’
These steps are almost similar to the steps required for compressing your MP4 videos.
Step 2: Choose the required format
Now it’s time for you to specify the format you want the MOV files to convert to. The MOV video files are usually stored in iPhones. So you need to connect your device to the program. Click on the ‘Cell Phone’ icon. The software will provide the appropriate presets automatically within seconds.
Step 3: Define the properties of your file
The steps to define the compression files of your MOV file are:
1. Return to the main interface of your software. Right-click on the original file size
2. Now use the slider bar to choose the desired file size in the Window that opens
3. Repeat this action for all your files
These steps will help you set the desired quality and bitrate value automatically.
Step 4: Compress the files
These steps will help you compress the MOV files automatically.
1. Click on the ‘Save to’ button
2. Pick the folder you want to save your converted files in
3. Choose the option ‘Convert’ to launch the compression
The chosen folder will open up automatically upon the completion of this process. Then all you have to do is upload the compressed videos to your Cloud storage space. It will take just take a few seconds to upload the compressed video file to the Cloud.
Why Is It Important to Convert Videos Before Uploading Them On The Cloud?
Some of you may think if it is even necessary to convert the videos to a different format before uploading it on the Cloud. Here is why you MUST compress your videos before uploading them to the Cloud.
1. Enough space
Storing original video files to the Cloud can eat up a lot of useful space on your Cloud storage. Compressing the videos provides enough space on the Cloud for other files.
2. Quick upload
Compressed videos get uploaded within the blink of an eye. Original large files, on the other hand, take too much time.
3. Easy streamlining
You can streamline your compressed videos on the Cloud without anyobstacles. Original files, on the contrary, leads to slow streamlining.
Owing to the reasons listed above, it is very important to compress your videos before uploading them on the Cloud. Implement the steps mentioned in this blog if you decide to use the Movavi Video Converter.
Watch this space for updates in the Hacks category on Running Wolf’s Rant.