From a young age, HYMR’s innate talent sparked when he started playing the piano by ear. Through the years he has developed a unique musical composition style that makes every track be distinct. He now looks beyond the solo artist career and seeks to produce music for the film industry. There’s probably a lot that you don’t know about him, but today my aim is to change that…
Here are 10 Interesting HYMR Facts You Might Not Know
1. HYMR is an acronym for the last part of his surname which is Raubenheimer. HYMR is also pronounced ‘heimer’. He often jokes with people and tells them, “Raubenheimer almost sounds like Oppenheimer, just not as rich”.
2. He can’t read or write music scores and composes his music all by ear. HYMR said as soon as he starts playing a simple melody or arpeggio, the full composition is compiled in his mind.
3. ‘Whispers of Something’ was composed, recorded, mixed and mastered in four hours. HYMR explains: “I was dealing with depression at the time, and the only way I could deal with it was to sit behind my piano and capture what I felt”. HYMR often tells people he captures his emotions in his music. The music video for ‘Whispers of Something’ resembles the dark, cold and lonely space you are in when you experience depression. The title of the song refers to the voices in one’s head when you are depressed, which often leads to suicidal thoughts.
4. Shortly after HYMR composed ‘Whispers of Something’, he checked in to a mental health facility. During the time spent at the facility, he decided the world needs to hear his innate talent. He then composed ‘The Journey’ which is his second single. This was the beginning of his musical career.
The title of the song resembles a new journey for HYMR. A few months later, HYMR released his Debut Album ‘Artificial Intelligence’. The Album represents the rise of AI, how A.I will assist the human race, and also covers the environmental impact such as pollution. HYMR says “Each song has a different vibe. Some of the songs have a strong message, and other songs represent what I have experienced over the years, such as ‘Imagination’ and ‘Polluted Planet’.
5. In his spare time, he likes to paint. HYMR says this keep his creativity flowing especially when he suffers from writers’ block.
6. Entertaining guests and spending quality time with friends and family is one of HYMR’s favorite things to do.
7. He likes fashion and perfume, he says “fashion is more than just wearing a label, it’s about being different. It is another way to express yourself. The beauty of perfume is that it can evoke emotions, influence moods and trigger memories”. There is a quote saying, “Nothing brings to life again a forgotten memory like fragrance”.
8. With his artistic ability, he currently studies Interior Design. Like fashion, they both share the same aesthetic concepts.
9. HYMR has 3 siblings, two brothers and a sister and his family lives all over the world. Fun fact, HYMR and his sister share the same birthday. He says “we were born exactly one year and one hour apart”. They also share their birthday with their Uncle who lives in Australia.
10. Before pursuing a career in Music Production, he was a paint manufacturer. He says “I really liked making paints and coatings. It was a great experience for me”.
Well, there you have it, 10 facts you might not have known about HYMR. I trust that you learned something interesting today. If you’re not familiar with his music, check out the video for “We Love” (featuring Lukky Sparxx) below:
Watch this space for updates in the Music category on Running Wolf’s Rant.